Overkill Overland

Jsouder53

Hooked
Never been a fan of a ton of stuff being attached to the exterior of a vehicle. I understand that sometimes it’s needed especially with bed racks and some mounts but there’s a point when there is too much stuff…

I saw this truck at the grocery store the other day, funny thing is when he loaded up as he was leaving, the truck bed looked empty. So why doesn’t he put some of that gear there? Lol

Let’s see the all of overloaded overlander vehicles.
IMG_7055.jpeg

Last edited:
…the truck bed looked empty. So why doesn’t he put some of that gear there?…
View attachment 409918
Two reasons-
1) You don’t have to spend an hour unpacking the back of the truck for a change of clothes, tools to fix a flat or the ingredients to make a sandwich
2) No one will be able to admire what cool gear you have if it’s stashed inside the truck

Last edited:
Good point. Why not use a truck as a truck is intended? For putting things in the bed lol. It’s not like he’s camping in the empty bed - there’s a tent on top… 🤔

It also puzzles me just how much these guys will spend on “overland” accessories when I bet they can’t say it all gets consistently used, as I’d rather spend that money on improving the vehicle’s performance.

1) You don’t have to spend an hour unpacking the back of the truck for a change of clothes, tools to fix a flat or the ingredients to make a sandwich
it was just one guy and his girlfriend, I’m sure they can fit the cooler and clothes in the backseat lol

My other question is what the hell goes in the black totes on the roof of the truck 😂

It's a chore taking all that stuff off and tripping over where it's stored. Might as well leave it on.

I see so many of these things and always wonder if people actually get out and use them.
Just like most jeeps, most trucks fitted for "overland" use will never leave the massive urban sprawl in which they reside.

The sun and elements will degrade all this stuff mounted on the outside in just a few years.

An off-road capable pop-up camper would work just as well, and could be removed when not needed. But most of today's trucks have a short bed which is not great for a camper (or much of anything related to what a truck is supposed to do).

Holy crap those double stacked boxes on the front of the rack! You know he never goes far from town because he has reduced the range of that thing to 70 miles.
The only limit to what they will screw to the outside of the vehicle is the limit on their credit card.
We take way to much stuff with us but it still all fits inside the cab and under the tonneau cover of the Gladiator.

Never been a fan of a ton of stuff being attached to the exterior of a vehicle. I understand that sometimes it’s needed especially with bed racks and some mounts but there’s a point when there is too much stuff…

I saw this truck at the grocery store the other day, funny thing is when he loaded up as he was leaving, the truck bed looked empty. So why doesn’t he put some of that gear there? Lol

Let’s see the all of overloaded overlander vehicles.
View attachment 409918
This is the shit I work on everyday now. I will have to take more pics and post how much shit people add lol the sprinter van people are the worst

Top Bottom