Oriflame Canyon

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Nice to see you Rebel JK and Team Faust. Thanks for coming on the run with my club. Wished Amy and Kim could have come along. We had a lot of laughs watching you and the other Jeeps who took on that rock garden at the end. It was nice just to get out of the city and on a leisurely run. I hadn't been on the run since I first bought the Jeep 10 years ago and I don't remember the trail being so rough. But the scenery on the way back to Banner store to air up is still just as beautiful.

IMG_0603.jpeg

Great seeing you too! We had a blast. In the next few weeks we'll need to get together on those control arms.
Thanks again. Looking forward to another run

Glad we were able to get out with the club again. Nice run. Figured out my 4WD clicking issue...CV joint on front driveshaft at T-case shot. Boot busted and so all crudded up.
front DS CV - resized.jpg front DS CV compromised - resized.jpg

Between that and the slip boot I tore off a year and a half ago the front DS is done.

Pulled it Monday and ordered a new Coast driveshaft, should have replacement in by the weekend. Hope to get out on the trail with you all again soon. Need to get together with Rebel JK for c-gusset welding on my new axles and to fab up some sliders :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice to see you Rebel JK and Team Faust. Thanks for coming on the run with my club. Wished Amy and Kim could have come along. We had a lot of laughs watching you and the other Jeeps who took on that rock garden at the end. It was nice just to get out of the city and on a leisurely run. I hadn't been on the run since I first bought the Jeep 10 years ago and I don't remember the trail being so rough. But the scenery on the way back to Banner store to air up is still just as beautiful.

View attachment 69576

I've hiked Oriflame several times from the Pacific Crest Trail. Where is the entrance to get JK's back in there? That's some very overgrown terrain.

I've hiked Oriflame several times from the Pacific Crest Trail. Where is the entrance to get JK's back in there? That's some very overgrown terrain.

We went in off of H-78 at the Banner Store (CA Riding & Hiking Trail) into Chariot Canyon down to Masson Valley Truck Trail into Oriflamme Canyon and then back around on Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail where the rock garden action took place. There are other ways in such as off of S2.

Last edited:
Faust, it's a wonder you made it through the trail with all that variety going on! LOL. Good thing we were not far from Poway.JElliott, next I'll let you know so you can come with us!

Sounds like if you're not doing 30mph through a rock garden you're doing it wrong? Fun.
Thanks Nay! It'd be good to see you.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom