Officially signed for a house. No more upgrades for the JK for a long time....

ShinDiggity

Last night, my fiance and I signed for our first house. It took 7 hours of choosing colors and tile and carpet and everything under the roof and outside! I never knew it would be this draining to build a house. Now that I have this to worry about, plus saving for a wedding and a honeymoon, my wallet is DRY. So needless to say, no upgrades for the JK for a while. I should have done more to the JK before all this happened and, the house won't be finished for another 10 months! Lol :doh:
Excited, yet sad that my JK won't be getting more attention...:crazyeyes:

Congratz... Welcome to the group of people that only want to pay the bank every month for an asset that YOU Own. rather than pay someone else to use theirs..

It's a wonderfull feeling knowing it's YOURS :)

Congrats! I know how you feel! We're building a house right now and I have daughter #2 on the way! So buying new furniture for the house and getting new baby furniture my jeep is on hold! Congrats again!

Did you manage to get a lift in the garage spec'd out as part of the build? :D
If not, I'm sure it's not too late to add it into the budget.

I just got into mine man.. Congrats.. My TJ project has stopped for a while also. Good luck with everything

Last night, my fiance and I signed for our first house. It took 7 hours of choosing colors and tile and carpet and everything under the roof and outside! I never knew it would be this draining to build a house. Now that I have this to worry about, plus saving for a wedding and a honeymoon, my wallet is DRY. So needless to say, no upgrades for the JK for a while. I should have done more to the JK before all this happened and, the house won't be finished for another 10 months! Lol :doh:

Congrats!!

Thanks everyone. I wish I can spend more and get a few more upgrades but we had to draw the line somewhere. And the fiancée didn't buy the whole "I need to do all these cool upgrades to the garage for the Jeep" thing. Haha. So I will have to work with what I have. I'm glad I have this new money pit though. Very excited.

Congrats on multiple fronts! I might suggest using the term "house mods" instead of home improvement. Seems to take the bite out of the sting a little bit. :idontknow:

Last edited:

Congrats try and get a more high efficient hvac system. That will save you money on electricity and give you more mod money.:D

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Congrats on the house. It took me and SWMBO 4.5 years to build our house. Once you are done it is best thing we did together. Just think of all the great mods you do after it is all said and done.

R/
Will

Thanks everyone. I wish I can spend more and get a few more upgrades but we had to draw the line somewhere. And the fiancée didn't buy the whole "I need to do all these cool upgrades to the garage for the Jeep" thing. Haha. So I will have to work with what I have. I'm glad I have this new money pit though. Very excited.

The mods to the garage later. Besides you can do the a lot cheaper than the builder.

Thanks errbody. I like the idea of it being "house mods" a lot better than upgrades. Lol. Hopefully there isn't a ton of "unexpected" costs that arise from building a house and a lot of the stuff we modified were stuff we wouldnt be able to do later on. Its gonna be a very long 10 months.

That must be a big house . 10 months wow mine didn't take that long and I did the hvac,electrical and plumbing by myself.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Congratulations!! I know how you feel. I got the whole 9 yards; Wife, 2 kids, dog, mortgage, car payment...etc. But I still spend my lunch money on gas to hit a few trails. Mine will be stock until something breaks or until after it's paid for. (bought it in Jan.) I've been trying to rip the bumpers off on some rocks for a month now. LOL

Congrats buddy! Nothing like being a homeowner and being house-poor. I hate to say it but it doesn't get easier from here on out. Bills, kids, bills and whatnot. Like Groovebus said, lunch money is key:cheesy: that and atm purchases with cash back. :rock:

Top Bottom