Not my Fault

TopherJK11

Afternoon Jeep Fam,

I recently was in my first Jeep accident where I was rear-ended at a stop light. Seeing as this is my first accident I am trying to be careful with everything insurance wise and keep track of the process. That being said I recently had the insurance company who was at fault come out to look at my Jeep and all they did was took pictures and then were on their way. I got a call the day after from them saying that "I agreed on a settlement of 75$ for seeing the Jeep" and that they came to a conclusion that the minor dents from my jeep were from previous experiences (Which is false and incorrect). In everyone's honest opinion I am wondering now whether or not to hire an attorney since it sounds pretty damn shady what is taking place. Any help with previous experience would be much appreciated, thanks everyone!

Regards,
Worried Jeep Owner:furious3:

Have your agent do the work when dealing with the other insurance company.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Back when I was into Japanese sports cars, I was t-boned by a dude. The car was older, but I had done tons of work on it. The insurance company totaled it and offered me $250. I laughed at her and said I'd take no less than $2500 and I keep the car. They eventually settled for $1500 and I kept the car. Don't ever take first offer.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

Have your agent do the work when dealing with the other insurance company.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^^This, let the insurance companies battle and sort it out, it's what you pay for and some companies (other drivers) will say they deny or close the case/claim hoping you just go away

Contact your insurance and let them fight for you. My wife's explorer was hit when this dumb ass did a three lane change in front of us, and her shitty insurance tried to drag their feet on the claim. Our car sat for three weeks while they said they hadn't accepted fault when the police report clearly stated that the lady was the at fault driver. Our insurance company told us that they will handle it, had it repaired by a ford dealer, and made her insurance pay for our deductible, plus rental and because my wife bruised her foot they gave a check for her pain and paid medical. Don't take that crap.

Great advice here. Let the insurance company deal with this. My wife just totaled a Mini Cooper last week in her Commander. The insurance company took care of everything and we already have her Commander fixed and back in the driveway. After all, that's what you pay the insurance monthly for, right? Let them deal with these turds. Just my :twocents:

You are already getting good advice here, and I'll ad some advice. As you modify your vehicle, update your insurance and keep your receipts. Insurance companies balk at paying for your expensive aftermarket parts. A friend of mine his modified Sahara trashed when a drunk crashed into it while he was parked and in a movie. The adjuster priced out a new D 30 not his pro rock and stock shocks, not his Kings. He is still fighting with them almost a month later.

Top Bottom