Normal wear?

rogerk93

Is it normal for a Currie enterprise Johnny joint to go bad that was installed back in April? I greased the joint every 3 weeks and the rear upper frame side joint has a crazy amount of play. Should I even try and call Currie and have them replace it or just order a new joint?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not normal. Have you wheeled pretty hard? Was the snap ring in all the way and both washers present? I would contact Currie first. If they won't warranty it, I MAY have an extra laying around, let me know and just pay shipping. I'll measure it first to make sure it's the same size, etc.

Last edited:
Not normal. Have you wheeled pretty hard? Was the snap ring in all the way and both washers present? I would contact Currie first. If they won't warranty it, I MAY have an extra laying around, let me know and just pay shipping. I'll measure it first to make sure it's the same size, etc.

I haven't removed the joint to give it a good look but a friend was rocking my jeep as I was under it to find a noise and the entire end was moving around in place And the bolt is completely tight. It could be the snap ring because if I remember correctly when I used to grease that joint some grease used to leak through the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom