No brakes!!

Oreo_penguin536

Went wheeling a little and got twisted up. When I took this shot I got back it, let the e brake loose and when I went to hit the brake pedal it went straight to the floor, no pressure whatsoever, rolled down the little hill to thebottom and when it leveled out it gained pressure again after pumping it multiple times. Happened 2 more times on the way out! Only when I get totally tweaked it happens.

What’s the issue? No lift, just saggy springs, newer shocks, sway-bar discos are the only mods.

IMG_1393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dans ce cas, contrôler qu'il n'y est pas de fuite sur les flexibles, et dans les freins arrières, et si du liquide ne coule pas de dessous le tambour arrière .

In this case, check that there are no leaks on the hoses, and in the rear brakes, and that no liquid is flowing from under the rear drum.

Have you checked your master cylinder to make sure you have enough fluid in it?

That’s just the regular fluid check right? With the metal bar clasps over the top? Last I checked that was good which was 3 weeks ago or so

I’ll check everything everyone has listed though. If it were a substantial problem with the master cylinder or lines wouldn’t it affect daily driving braking as well?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s just the regular fluid check right? With the metal bar clasps over the top? Last I checked that was good which was 3 weeks ago or so

I’ll check everything everyone has listed though. If it were a substantial problem with the master cylinder or lines wouldn’t it affect daily driving braking as well?

Yes. The fact that you lost brakes after climbing the rocks and then came back after you back off of them suggests to me that you were getting air in system. That could happen if you were low on fluid.

I had this happen once this year after going over several whoopdiedoo hills in a row. There were no rocks so we were going pretty fast. At the end, I went to brake and pedal went to the floor. It pumped back up and never did it again. Never found the cause.

Top Bottom