Muffler

I'm a fan of the flowmaster sound. With the right size exhaust tube, a 40 series actually sounds pretty aggressive for a 6 cylinder motor. I run no cat, a 40 series muffler, and 2.5" tail pipe and I like the way it sounds. I haven't noticed any power gains on any of my 4.0's when installing new exhaust, whether I removed the cat or left it in place.

I'm a fan of the flowmaster sound. With the right size exhaust tube, a 40 series actually sounds pretty aggressive for a 6 cylinder motor. I run no cat, a 40 series muffler, and 2.5" tail pipe and I like the way it sounds. I haven't noticed any power gains on any of my 4.0's when installing new exhaust, whether I removed the cat or left it in place.

What do you mean actually sounds aggressive for a 6 cylinder? It's an inline 6 they sound badass way better than a v6

What do you mean actually sounds aggressive for a 6 cylinder? It's an inline 6 they sound badass way better than a v6

When I think of a traditional flowmaster sound, I think of V8 muscle cars, so that's what I compare it to. And yeah, the I6 definitely sounds better than a v6 for sure.

When I think of a traditional flowmaster sound, I think of V8 muscle cars, so that's what I compare it to. And yeah, the I6 definitely sounds better than a v6 for sure.

Oh yeah in that case haha can't beat a v8 with flowmasters sound wise

Look to a muffler that is stainless steel and has a lifetime warranty.
Also this is nice that we offer:

Performance & Sound Guarantee

We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

More info here:
http://www.dynomax.com/warranty-guarantee/

Rebate time too:
http://www.dynomax.com/promotions/

The Ultra Flo Welded sounds real nice on the I6, the Super Turbo is a bit quieter.

Good luck with whatever choice you go with.

I hope it sounds badass. I took the cat off, went with a turbo muffler. Had to get pipes bent. Waiting on getting it back. Can't wait. Got a motorcraft 2100 carb to rebuild. Doing away with the Carter carb

It really depends on the sound you want, and I don't think that a muffler will provide a great effect in the performance of your rig.

Top Bottom