mjmck's 2007 Wrangler Sahara 2-Door

mjmck

Figured it was time to start a build thread. I've been a lurker for a while until I finally found a replacement Wrangler to my old 97 TJ. I'm a member of the local Jeep club, but also found this one while lurking.

Here was the old TJ, from the time I brought it home to the time I listed it for sale.

IMG_1713.jpg

2013-02-13_16-05-08_685_zpsab995a0c.jpg

IMG_20130717_132211_440_zpsa02b291c.jpg

Here is the new to us 2007 JK Sahara at the dealer. Came with the useless snorkel, warn front bumper, warn 9.5 winch, smittybilt sliders, and engine skid plate.

IMG_3292_zpsagfnur9k.jpg

image2_zpscsxsba2n.jpg

image1_zpsx8vdtapf.jpg

We have had a few issues since we got it less than a month ago.

First was a u-joint, fixed under warranty at Honda City (Yup, we bought it at a Honda Dealer.)

Spits out gas before pump clicks off, appointment at Jeep dealer next week to see if the TSB part will fix this.
Trans shudders between 1st and 2nd on easy acceleration, appointment at Jeep dealer next week.
Strange starter noise during cold weather on cold starts, appointment at Jeep dealer next week.

Hopefully they get these issues taken care of.

Future plans include synthetic winch line, a lift and 33's for now since it is a daily driver.

So far I ve purchased a new winch cover (replace the tattered one), and a Daystar center dash unit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom