Mike in MN - Rubicon Unlimited Project

Hey guys, I am new to the forums here but figured I would share my current project.
I ordered a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited from the factory and took receipt of it just this past June. In the past I have owned two previous wranglers and a grand cherokee SRT8 so I am not exactly new to the jeep family, but it has been several years since I've owned a wrangler and I am excited to get back into them. My previous jeeps were an old crappy YJ and then a 97' Sahara TJ. A few years back around 2013 I visited the jeep dealer and was amazed at all the improvements they made to the interior of the JK's and knew I would soon need to buy another.

My build list is relatively short, at least for now... but I had to start somewhere. This past weekend consisted of the following upgrades...

-EVO MFG 4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm
-JE Reel 1350 Front Driveshaft
-17" Raceline Beadlocks RT231 with 35" Toyo M/T's

I definitely underestimated the time required to complete the EVO lift installation, it is certainly not an install that should be undertaken by the faint of heart. All in all the install took about 24-30 hours, but that includes about 4 hours or so that we were screwing around with the exhaust loop. I completed the install at home in the garage on a set of 12 ton jack stands with the help of a friend. I ended up going ahead and welding the brackets in opposed to the 'bolt-on' method they advertise. Also I have seen some people complaining about running these Racelines on-road, I am running them 'as is' (un-balanced) and they are as smooth as can be. They have all held their pressure to the exact psi for 3 weeks or so now since I first mounted them. I did use a set of '83.82mm OD to 71.50mm ID' hub centric rings when installing the wheels to the jeep which I think were a cheap but useful installation aid.

View attachment 159645View attachment 159646View attachment 159647

Last edited:
Top Bottom