Long Arm Question

rob_bunch

Looking for input from those of you running long arm kits on the JLU.

My current setup is an Evo 3.5” stage ll overlander,, about to go high line flares and 40’s and was considering keeping the same springs but going to long arms (if that’s even possible) in an attempt to keep cog low. Is this doable and is anyone else running a similar setup?
Thanks in advance…

You can add long arms and still run the same lift kit. If you do the EVO kit, you will be replacing the rear lower control arm/shock mounts and set them back up for a shock/coil lift. The main changes are on the frame side, other than rear axle as mentioned. Also, you may run into issues with the rear frame side brackets depending on which sliders you are running, just a FYI

You can add long arms and still run the same lift kit. If you do the EVO kit, you will be replacing the rear lower control arm/shock mounts and set them back up for a shock/coil lift. The main changes are on the frame side, other than rear axle as mentioned. Also, you may run into issues with the rear frame side brackets depending on which sliders you are running, just a FYI the armor from rockslide engineering

Only running the armor that is over my rockslide engineering steps and I’ve not added bell skids yet

There is no need for long arms if you keep your COG low. The whole point of long arms is to correct geometry when you're running a taller lift.

There is no need for long arms if you keep your COG low. The whole point of long arms is to correct geometry when you're running a taller lift.
I crawled this past weekend with an actual buggy, a tj and a jl,,, both the tj & jl were up at least 4-6 inches and on 40’s,,, my thought was to go high line fenders and 40’s and that to add in longer arms to maybe add a little more articulation

I crawled this past weekend with an actual buggy, a tj and a jl,,, both the tj & jl were up at least 4-6 inches and on 40’s,,, my thought was to go high line fenders and 40’s and that to add in longer arms to maybe add a little more articulation
Long arms are designed to correct suspension geometry, NOT to improve articulation. The amount of articulation you have is determined by the amount of shock travel you have. They will be the limiting factor in how much stuff and droop you have - PERIOD.

Top Bottom