Locking front and rear... Opinions

RageKage

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new front axle. It'll be a 44 and will have 5:13 gears in it. The real part I'm trying to decide is if I want to do ARB lockers front and rear or just leave the front open and lock the rear. I can buy the new axle with the ARB locker already installed and that's why I'm at this crossroad. Regardless of the front the rear is going to get regeared with an ARB locker. Anyone have any input or currently running a set up that has both axles locked?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new front axle. It'll be a 44 and will have 5:13 gears in it. The real part I'm trying to decide is if I want to do ARB lockers front and rear or just leave the front open and lock the rear. I can buy the new axle with the ARB locker already installed and that's why I'm at this crossroad. Regardless of the front the rear is going to get regeared with an ARB locker. Anyone have any input or currently running a set up that has both axles locked?

Definitely do both if you can afford it. What front 44 are you going with?

If you're going to spend a good $4-6K on a front axle(locked for that price), might as well lock the rear as well, you're going to regear anyways so you're already paying to have the rear carrier pulled out which means labor is included and you only add the price of the locker

Been eyeing a G2 Core 44. I'd love to have a PR but I really doubt I am going to be doing anything extreme enough that the G2 couldn't handle it.

Spend the extra few hundred bucks and have something that you will be able to sell easier and for more cash later. In the grand scheme of a $5000 axle, what's an extra few hundo for a better product?

Been eyeing a G2 Core 44. I'd love to have a PR but I really doubt I am going to be doing anything extreme enough that the G2 couldn't handle it.

Spend the extra few hundred bucks and have something that you will be able to sell easier and for more cash later. In the grand scheme of a $5000 axle, what's an extra few hundo for a better product?

If I were in your position, I would do the PR without hesitation as well.

^^^This. Spend a little extra and have the peace of mind knowing no matter what, you're covered with a stout ass axle.

I ran just a rear ARB locker with Dana 30 open front axle for about a year. When I replaced my front axle with a PR44 and ARB locker I was blown away with its increased capabilities. I would recommend getting the locker right off the bat. That way your not paying to have your gears/carrier set up twice, when you finally decide to do it. I have no experience with the G2 but I did not want to try and save a few hundred on such a big purchase to then be let down by an inferior product. I'm glad I went with USA made axle 

Would definitely spend the coin to get the PR44 front and lock them both with ARB's. I love my PR44/60 set up.

Top Bottom