Kinda Sad

Firewrangler

Broke the 100,000 mile mark last night on my '07 JK. I get nervous when an engine gets over 100k on it. Anyone else over the 100k mark on a 3.8? And how it holding up?

Well it used to be the first hundred thousand was nothing to worry about and you could expect double or triple that but any more its the point where you start putting money away from each check because you know the Reaper is around the corner . Not to put them down but I worked for dodge Chrysler when the 3.8 engine was in minivans and many didn't get past 150k mark . I hope jeep changed some things to make it better . Good luck !!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well it used to be the first hundred thousand was nothing to worry about and you could expect double or triple that but any more its the point where you start putting money away from each check because you know the Reaper is around the corner . Not to put them down but I worked for dodge Chrysler when the 3.8 engine was in minivans and many didn't get past 150k mark . I hope jeep changed some things to make it better . Good luck !!!

Good to know! I have 38,000 miles left to save for an LS swap! Whew, i was getting nervous.

Sent from some trail, somewhere.

Well scrap metal price is up or when it blows they make great boat anchors .

113,000 on mine, still got the same spark plugs and serpentine belt in it. Runs like a top. :D

Top Bottom