JK sleeping platform

JOHN73738

Good day,

Been way too long since i posted here. I am planning some trail camping in my 2016 JK. RRT is not an option so sleeping in the Jeep it is. I am designing a sleeping platform but, I want to delete the passenger seat for it. Anyone done this? For 2-3 day excursions I imagine it will be a bit of work removing the passenger seat and the 40% side of the back seat but, as a 6'5 person it is just a little tight without sleeping diagonally and would like to avoid that.

Would love any thoughts to help plan.

Thanks

Passenger seat is four bolts. Back seats are six. Not difficult. Unplug the harnesses in the front seat before removing.

Good day,

Been way too long since i posted here. I am planning some trail camping in my 2016 JK. RRT is not an option so sleeping in the Jeep it is. I am designing a sleeping platform but, I want to delete the passenger seat for it. Anyone done this? For 2-3 day excursions I imagine it will be a bit of work removing the passenger seat and the 40% side of the back seat but, as a 6'5 person it is just a little tight without sleeping diagonally and would like to avoid that.

Thanks
Is there not enough space by rolling the front seat all the way forward? Via YouTube videos, I have seen this done with a hinged portion. Often the sleeping platform is raised to account for the uneven floor, for storage space, and to get a length advantage with the seats. The passenger seat from a 2-door would allow tilting the seat-back towards the dash (I have not researched any compatibility issues with this).

Is there not enough space by rolling the front seat all the way forward? Via YouTube videos, I have seen this done with a hinged portion. Often the sleeping platform is raised to account for the uneven floor, for storage space, and to get a length advantage with the seats. The passenger seat from a 2-door would allow tilting the seat-back towards the dash (I have not researched any compatibility issues with this).
With the seat all the way forward and straight up my head hits the seat and feet the tailgate. Not bad but just enough for me to spent an ungodly amount of time figuring a way to upgrade. (I am the guy that spends 5 hours writing a macro in excel to save 5 seconds).

Good day,

Thanks
Goose gear has a seat delete kit and rear platform section you can look at. Idk the price but it’s a nice piece and easy to install

Top Bottom