JK Heater Hose Retainer clip - source???

TeamFaust

While replacing the valve cover gaskets the Heater Hose Retainer Clip that pushes onto the valve cover stand off bolts broke, Brittle form heat over time, and I am trying to locate a replacement part.

Heater Hose Retainer 2.jpg Heater Hose Retainer 1.jpg

I haven't been able to locate the part or even a part number for reference. Dealership/MOPAR doesn't appear to even have a part number and only provides as part of a Heater Hose Replacement assembly (such as with 98873BT) per pic below.

Heater Hose Retainer 3.jpg

I would love to get my hands on a couple of these to keep the hoses away from the exhaust manifold if anyone has part number to search for or better yet a source to purchase from?

Have you thought about just getting a zip tie that goes in bolt heads to hold it out of the way? Prob cheaper and easier to replace and move again if needed
IMG_0130.png

Have you thought about just getting a zip tie that goes in bolt heads to hold it out of the way?

Thought about those and will likely go with something similar, but hoping for the replacements as they have much more structure and support to keep the hoses up and away form the exhaust manifolds while wheeling. ;)

I was able to locate the Weld Stud mount zip tie type (Avery Dennison Weld Stud Ties Cable Ties #10108-0) so I have these for wires.

Avery Dennison Weld Stud Tie.jpg

could use something like this, from summit racing

bsp-blk68720_xl.jpg

While replacing the valve cover gaskets the Heater Hose Retainer Clip that pushes onto the valve cover stand off bolts broke, Brittle form heat over time, and I am trying to locate a replacement part.

View attachment 408342 View attachment 408344

I haven't been able to locate the part or even a part number for reference. Dealership/MOPAR doesn't appear to even have a part number and only provides as part of a Heater Hose Replacement assembly (such as with 98873BT) per pic below.

View attachment 408343

I would love to get my hands on a couple of these to keep the hoses away from the exhaust manifold if anyone has part number to search for or better yet a source to purchase from?

Ahh, 3.8…

I spent all day in my penatastar, and this post made me go back and double take…

I would try the isolator from @jeeeep and the zip tie from @cozdude together in the same area. I bet the combination would keep the hoses stacked vertical pretty well…

Wow, this must really be an issue on the 3.8 if people are selling these…

Wow, this must really be an issue on the 3.8 if people are selling these…

185,000 miles on my JKU and it hasn't been an issue.

While I plan on replacing them because of age when they begin to feel a soft, I'll stick with OEM - they don't come with this warning:
"Checking water level regularly is highly recommended when silicone coolant hoses are used in a daily driving vehicle."

185,000 miles on my JKU and it hasn't been an issue.

While I plan on replacing them because of age when they begin to feel a soft, I'll stick with OEM - they don't come with this warning:
"Checking water level regularly is highly recommended when silicone coolant hoses are used in a daily driving vehicle."

Oh shit wow, yea sounds like side effects outweigh the benefits…

Glad yours have held up just fine…

Top Bottom