Jeep trails in Arizona during Christmas?

Rampage

We're planning our annual Christmas vacation in Arizona. Last year we took our RV & stayed in Lake Havasu. This year, we've sold our RV & bought a popup trailer for our Jeep. What are some of the recommended places to stay during Christmas/New Years where we can camp with full hook ups that is relatively close to moderate/difficult Jeep trails?

Thanks GCM 2, I'll check it out. We're able to boondock as well, thus, we don't absolutely need full service hook ups, but it is sometimes nice for an extended stay.

What part of AZ do you want to stay in? Are you going back to the Havasu/Parker area or visiting another area? If you are in Northern AZ there are alot of great places to visit and wheel (Sedona/Prescott/Flagstaff?Crown King,ETC). If you want to stay south, you can stay on BLM land in Quartzsite, there are are ton of trails and dirt roads to explore there, and daytrips include Yuma, Imperial Dunes in California, Bouse, etc. Let me know, I may be able to make a few suggestions.

Last edited:
Cottonwood has a campground called Dead horse state park. It's a great place to stay and there are trails nearby. Sedona isn't too far and Mingus Mtn has trails on it too.

Cottonwood has a campground called Dead horse state park. It's a great place to stay and there are trails nearby. Sedona isn't too far and Mingus Mtn has trails on it too.

True, Cottonwood is a great area as well. I used to commute from PV to the Camp Verde substation back when I was with YCSO. I used to go mountain biking in Cottonwood and Camp Verde often. Montezuma's Castle is cool to check out too!

Top Bottom