Jeep jk lift question

Deankxf

I have a 2017 jk 2dr with a rough country 4” lift, I was wondering if I can add 2” coil spacers to give me a little more lift, what else would be involved, I understand I would probably need new drive shafts because of the angle along with exhaust extenders. Anyone else do this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I highly doubt you'll find many people who have gone that route. 6+ inches of lift is going to be a mess for your steering setup I would imagine.

6" lift? Holy Hell, what size tires are you running?

Edit: I just went back and saw the issues you had previously with your steering. This will make it even worse, assuming you have those under control now.
Adding 2 more inches of lift on stock arms is asking for parts failures.

Wish you would have given us a wave - I live a half an hour away from you in Darlington

Last edited:
I have a 2017 jk 2dr with a rough country 4” lift, I was wondering if I can add 2” coil spacers to give me a little more lift, what else would be involved, I understand I would probably need new drive shafts because of the angle along with exhaust extenders. Anyone else do this?

Why???????

6" lift? Holy Hell, what size tires are you running?

Edit: I just went back and saw the issues you had previously with your steering. This will make it even worse, assuming you have those under control now.
Adding 2 more inches of lift on stock arms is asking for parts failures.

Wish you would have given us a wave - I live a half an hour away from you in Darlington

I want to run 37’s, I’m running 35’s now

I just want to go a little bigger without having to buy a long arm lift for 1500$

Keep your pants on for a second. A long arm has nothing to do with the lift height. As you go higher, a long arm kit DOES correct your geometry angles giving the Jeep a better ride as the angles will be closer to factory (more parallel to the ground). If you are planning on going 6 inches of lift on a short arm suspension, your Jeep will ride like shit. Again, why are you wanting to do this? There are several members here on the forum that run 40 inch tires on 3.5 to 4 inches of lift. Not sure what your goal is.....

If you still have stock drive shafts you already have to much angle on them with 4” of lift. Exhaust spacers do nothing to prevent the rubber boot from wearing out.

You already have enough lift to fit 37s. You do not need more.

IIRC Overlander runs 37s on 3" or less? And others with bolt on cos running similar as well.

Last edited:
I'm running 37's with RK 3.5" front springs & Currie 4" Rears. Also an EVO Long Arm kit. You do not need 6" of lift to run 37's.
I'm in the Cranberry Twp area a lot. I'd be happy to meet up there sometime & you can see that you don;t need that high of a lift.
Hell, you could probably run 42's on a 6" lift. But get up to 70 mph on a windy day on I-79 & you'd probably end up in the weeds!

Keep your pants on for a second. A long arm has nothing to do with the lift height. As you go higher, a long arm kit DOES correct your geometry angles giving the Jeep a better ride as the angles will be closer to factory (more parallel to the ground). If you are planning on going 6 inches of lift on a short arm suspension, your Jeep will ride like shit. Again, why are you wanting to do this? There are several members here on the forum that run 40 inch tires on 3.5 to 4 inches of lift. Not sure what your goal is.....

I don’t want a monster jeep, I just want it to be a little bit bigger, and I want to run 37’s

You can do anything. Whether it’s wise to do it, is another question. You are getting answers from guys who know their stuff. If you want it tall, go for it. It’s unnecessary, and you may hate the way it performs, and what may break, but it can be done.

Top Bottom