It’s the Little Things

csbradfield

I’m looking for a set of tire deflators - the brass screw on type. Only I’ve found an incredible price range - $15-170. Pretty sure the very cheap ones are Chinese knockoffs with a 0% delivery chance. I would prefer to support American businesses, but this is such a small thing I don’t know about any out there. I see sets of them in many videos. Anybody have some they’d recommend?

$2.99 from Summit Racing. I also have the ARB version of the one overlander posted which works great but too slow for my ADD sometimes.

wmr-60500_xl.jpg

I just use the simple Teraflex air deflator kit ones. Basically just presses down the schrader valve, no preset or anything. I monitor the pressure on the first tire I put it on, then unscrew them from each tire and do one at a time until I get the pressure I want.

I made my own deflator/inflator like those moorflate deals. Bought the parts on Amazon and have the same thing for way less.

Last edited:
$2.99 from Summit Racing. I also have the ARB version of the one overlander posted which works great but too slow for my ADD sometimes.

View attachment 372608

😂 I take my cores out with a little cross tool and screw them back in when they look close to 10. Then fine tune it from there. I've tried multiple tools and a central inflator/deflator from Air up. Lol, I'm too impatient. The cores that come on TrailReady wheel's stems work pretty fast.

And I I have a baggie with spare cores in my console although surprisingly, I haven't needed to use one yet

😂 I take my cores out with a little cross tool and screw them back in when they look close to 10. Then fine tune it from there. I've tried multiple tools and a central inflator/deflator from Air up. Lol, I'm too impatient. The cores that come on TrailReady wheel's stems work pretty fast.

And I I have a baggie with spare cores in my console although surprisingly, I haven't needed to use one yet
Ive been lucky with cores, but i keep a few in the glove box and some in my plug kit. I've donated most of my spare cores to fellow wheelers in need.

I have a cross tool too but never liked it except for large schraders and valve stem repair. the little driver I posted is the one I carried when I humped tires for a living. Its like an extension of my hand I've used it so much, easy to hold the core on the tool with an index finger for one handed operation.

I’m looking for a set of tire deflators - the brass screw on type. Only I’ve found an incredible price range - $15-170. Pretty sure the very cheap ones are Chinese knockoffs with a 0% delivery chance. I would prefer to support American businesses, but this is such a small thing I don’t know about any out there. I see sets of them in many videos. Anybody have some they’d recommend?
I’ve got a brand new Currie I’ve never used. PM me your address and I’ll send it.C00F6847-3376-48FC-9FC0-C72E0868E265.jpegto you.

Top Bottom