How SOCIAL MEDIA RUINED it All

Accurate depiction for sure. The reason I'd want such a capable Jeep is to get FURTHER away from people and go where many couldn't, and explore places that are still truly special. Problem is, Jeep and other 4x4 "creators" are just as guilty of whoring out hidden spots or mindlessly posting up points of interest for all to see.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've seen this commercial several times and think how sadly true it is every time. I've been anti social media since the MySpace days. I have an IG that I don't use. Look as jeep stuff but that's about it. I despise FB and TikTok and all that crap.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've seen this commercial several times and think how sadly true it is every time. I've been anti social media since the MySpace days. I have an IG that I don't use. Look as jeep stuff but that's about it. I despise FB and TikTok and all that crap.
Sadly, YouTube has been one of the worst when it comes to spoiling special secluded places with whores on it pimping destinations and posting up GPS coordinates and they get a TON of views. I'm sure that tiktac is now a close second if it hasn't already taken over by now.

Is this place really “Social Media” though?…or any other forum.. I don’t know. Technically yes maybe.. but it seems different… I cant explain it.
Forums have been around since the internet was started. In fact, they are the reason why the internet was started - to allow institutions like universities to share ideas and information and collaborate with peers around the world. Sadly, social media has made them into dinosaurs and even the biggest of them out there are a fraction of the size of what they used to be. Even worse, any good information on most of them is either old and or obsolete (2015 or older) or just filled with the same stupid shit you can find on social media. A big part of this is because search engines changed the way they gather information and now focus more on pimping ads than looking for pertinent information. Back in the day, back when key words and then linked pages was king, you could do a google search and find all kinds of great information and most of it being on forums. It's how we were able to grow JK-Forum and a lot of this was because of the questions and answers and people discussing back and forth and or challenging what is being said or shown. Today, you just get BS ads, stupid videos, sponsored posts and just really bad information from social media whores and this is across the board, not just Jeep stuff. AI isn't helping at all either being that they just answer your question and based on what it has determined to be right. Any good information you find today is from years ago especially if it's on a forum and typically, it's on page 3 or 4 of your original search.

In a nutshell, I don't consider forums to be social media or at least, it never was in the past. While I'm sure it has become that on the corporate forums out there, I try really hard to keep this place a "community" as it should be.

Sorry for the long winded post LOL

Forums have been around since the internet was started. In fact, they are the reason why the internet was started - to allow institutions like universities to share ideas and information and collaborate with peers around the world. Sadly, social media has made them into dinosaurs and even the biggest of them out there are a fraction of the size of what they used to be. Even worse, any good information on most of them is either old and or obsolete (2015 or older) or just filled with the same stupid shit you can find on social media. A big part of this is because search engines changed the way they gather information and now focus more on pimping ads than looking for pertinent information. Back in the day, back when key words and then linked pages was king, you could do a google search and find all kinds of great information and most of it being on forums. It's how we were able to grow JK-Forum and a lot of this was because of the questions and answers and people discussing back and forth and or challenging what is being said or shown. Today, you just get BS ads, stupid videos, sponsored posts and just really bad information from social media whores and this is across the board, not just Jeep stuff. AI isn't helping at all either being that they just answer your question and based on what it has determined to be right. Any good information you find today is from years ago especially if it's on a forum and typically, it's on page 3 or 4 of your original search.

In a nutshell, I don't consider forums to be social media or at least, it never was in the past. While I'm sure it has become that on the corporate forums out there, I try really hard to keep this place a "community" as it should be.

Great explanation. Thanks. This place is my first real experience on a forum... feels more like a Group Text with buddies to me.

Great explanation. Thanks. This place is my first real experience on a forum... feels more like a Group Text with buddies to me.
Exactly. This is the only forum I’ve joined and while there’s close to 50k members I feel like it’s always the same group of regularly active people that chime in, a lot of which I’ve met and made friends with in person with thanks to this forum, making it like a huge group chat with like-minded buddies as Kirk said.

I really like it and think your explanation is spot on.

Top Bottom