Help... Need advice on caster angle.

thechrisjones

I installed a 3 inch EVO enforcer lift on my 2015 JKU hard rock. I'm running 37 inch tires 20 inch wheels lower control arms and front aftermarket driveshaft. I took it in for an alignment and since I didn't have a spanner wrench to adjust the lower control arms. They aligned the tires as good as they could and told me once I got the spanner wrench and I can bring it back in to correct the caster. I'm looking for feedback on where they have my jeep now and where I should ask them to make changes below is a photo of all the numbers. Where should the caster be? 4ish? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426166124.074289.jpg

They aligned it best they could? You realize they didn't do shit and you paid them for nothing right?

Any big crescent wrench would have worked also. You need to extend your lower control arms to get the caster to four degrees.

They aligned it best they could? You realize they didn't do shit and you paid them for nothing right?

Any big crescent wrench would have worked also. You need to extend your lower control arms to get the caster to four degrees.

It's sad to say but, OverlanderJK is right. Due to the design of the JK steering, your toe would NOT have changed with your lift. Being that you have a solid axle, there is nothing that can be adjusted in your camber. Since they did NOT make any adjustments to your caster due to the lack of a "spanner wrench", nothing was done their either. At most, they may have recentered your steering wheel but that isn't anything you couldn't have done with a 15mm wrench and 2 min of your time.

Once you get your spanner wrench, do yourself a favor, save your money and adjust your caster yourself. If you don't have a spanner wrench, you can use an allen wrench that fits inside the holes (sorry, don't recall the hole size off the top of my head) and use it to turn the collar.

Here's a write-up that will help you out.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Well I paid 159 for lifetime alignments with Firestone(they have the high tech laser machine. The guy that did my alignment used to work a 4 wheelparts. He told me he didn't want to damage the control arms trying to use something else to extend them. Spanner wrench comes in tomorrow. I can take back up there and they will make adjustments at no charge. So with that being said what do I need to ask them to do? 1. ) Caster angle needs to be at 4. What else do I need to make sure is done?

Top Bottom