Help - LED Headlight Upgrade - 1979 CJ-5

I have been looking into doing it. Eddy showcased a set that looked factory at SEMA a few years ago. I don't remember the manufacturer hopefully someone here remembers.

Upvote 0
Has anyone upgraded their headlights on an older Jeep to LED? I have only found a few options and just looking for recommendations. I want them to look original, but with the LED brightness.

You have many options here. I ran Hella VisionPlus housings with halogen bulbs for many years in my Camaro (7" round). They were much, much better than the OEM sealed beams, had a good beam pattern, and had the old school look. I debated upgrading them from halogen bulbs to LEDs, using Oracle V-Series LED bulbs (their V-Series bulbs accurately replicate the positioning of the halogen's filaments and I've had good luck using them as replacement bulbs in our Honda - same beam cutoff without blinding anyone). In the end, I replaced the Hellas with Holley RetroBright LEDs. I am very happy with the RetroBrights. I chose the 5000K option b/c I like the whiter light. They, too, have the old school look which is important to me.

I looked at the webpage for the lights you are considering. I don't know anything about their products and can't offer any opinion other than if it were me, I would be concerned that that the Phillips bulbs included in the package might be too bright. At 4,000 lumens each, they are about twice as bright as the typical LED headlight bulb. Depending on the design of the housing's reflector, they could be blinding to other drivers.

At the end of the day however, this is just my opinion - reasonable minds may differ.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom