Hawaii Strikes Again!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
:mad: So getting ready to leave the island and I find out that I cannot ship my jk off the island because I didnt get a state permit to modify my vehicle (recon permit). I cant get a permit because the state requires that my steering geometry be the same as stock. (Option 1, spend $2600 on getting parts for this vehicle permit.) (Option 2, Trade it in on a 2012 rubi and take the chance that they still will not ship it because of it being a newly financed vehicle.) This state is so damn ass backwards. The only rubi on the island for the next 6 months will be a 2012 unlimited MW3. Oh and if its not on micky thompson tires and procomp lift, plan on getting a ticket.:mad:

You could try a set of the AEV drop brackets. While I'm not s fan of them for moderate Offroad use, they should go the job of returning your caster back to the factory spec, and be much cheaper than a set of adjustable control arms.

When you say "steering geometry" what exactly are they asking you to adjust? I assume it's the draglink/track bar? What exactly have you done to your Jeep thus far?

They are saying the the alignment of the jeep has to be set to the exact stock measurements.

4 wheel parts here wanted to. Barge me $5260.99 to get me through the recon permit lol so. I'm getting a new jeep, and I'll be in Colorado so I might hit up Evo for the new coil over kit once they are done with it. It will be a good excuse to drive to Cali lol.

Just drove my new 2012 MW3 JKU home last night. While it was more bells and whistles than i wanted, I do love this jeep. The difference in the new transmission is night and day. I will post picks this afternoon. Thanks all for the encouragement.

WOW that sucks, I guess Im stuck on the isalnd forever cause no way can i just trade my rig in. Id loose A LOT of money!!! Did you look into a privite shipper or OPlift through the navy? Now im kinda thinking about what I might have to do to get the yeti off the island....what sucks even more is Oahu is the only island with recon :thinking:

Top Bottom