Good morning

Asaldana67

I am “new” to the JK life. My previous jeeps were CJ’s (5&7) and TJ’s. I have recently purchased a 2015 JK (completely stock) and am interested in the Terraflex 3” lift. Is this a good lift? Will this model of Jeep need extended brake lines and different drive shafts? Not going to be doing rock climbing or anything crazy mainly trails and easy shallow crossings.

I am looking for short arm suspension lifts. I plan on installing fix shocks with whichever kit I put in. I don’t want to loose my drivability(it’s my daily driver). Any recommendations?

Upvote 0
I am “new” to the JK life. My previous jeeps were CJ’s (5&7) and TJ’s. I have recently purchased a 2015 JK (completely stock) and am interested in the Terraflex 3” lift. Is this a good lift? Will this model of Jeep need extended brake lines and different drive shafts? Not going to be doing rock climbing or anything crazy mainly trails and easy shallow crossings.
Welcome. Congrats on the new Jeep. There are way better options than Teraflex out there. Rancho is a good budget friendly option. EVO is less budget oriented but high quality. Personally I like Metalcloak but where I travel they salt the hell out of the roads and I liked the anodizing they put on their stuff. Not sure on brake lines I’ve never owned a JK but I’m sure someone will weigh in on that.

Upvote 0
Welcome. Congrats on the new Jeep. There are way better options than Teraflex out there. Rancho is a good budget friendly option. EVO is less budget oriented but high quality. Personally I like Metalcloak but where I travel they salt the hell out of the roads and I liked the anodizing they put on their stuff. Not sure on brake lines I’ve never owned a JK but I’m sure someone will weigh in on that.
Yup. What this guy said.

Upvote 0
Jeep wave from Missouri! I did a Terraflex 3" lift years ago to "save" some money. I'm glad to have gotten rid of most of it at this point though. To answer your questions, the kit comes with brake line relocation brackets that are a Macgyver "fix" in my opinion. Just buy longer braided lines. A 2015 could probably benefit from fresh lines anyways. Your drive shafts won't need to be immediately replaced but will wear out faster with the additional angle.

Upvote 0
I wish you success at gaining the desired 3".

A lift which restores/preserves suspension geometry is a good idea. You said you want short arms, so long arms are out. Geometry correction brackets can help preserve original geometry for a good street ride.

In addition to brands already mentioned, AEV has a good reputation and they make a solid kit for the JK.

Terraflex does not have a good reputation in this forum (probably they do in the Terraflex forum).

Welcome from Texas (and Arizona)!

Upvote 0
I'm going to put a kit on the wife's 2017 soon so we can throw a set of 35's on it. She finally got the bug a little after seeing a bunch on that setup. Gotta say, JK's look pretty awesome on a set of 35's. It may see light trail usage but nothing serious at all. It's going to be a mallcrawler for her. I want to keep the stock control arms so I don't have one more thing to have to maintain so I'm looking at these 2 kits.

Upvote 0
Before spending money on a lift kit you probably won’t need (judging by your intended use), get out and wheel your Jeep as is. Tank up, air down and hit the trails. This will let you grow with your Jeep and you’ll start figuring out what mods (if any) you’ll want for your rig. Trail experience is invaluable.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom