Getting Ready For 37's...37's Installed!

4PLAY

Caught the Bug
Last thing I wanted to do after full suspension upgrade to get ready for 37's was to trim the aft wheel well pinch seams, it would at least have been super close if not touching on full stuff and ascetically just did not look good...Took all of about 15 minutes to measure, mark and cut using a thin cut-off wheel and sanding disc to smooth. Matched angle to edge of MetalCloak bumper and of course made both sides identical. Bought seam sealer but did not need, there are drainage channels you don't want to block and enough factory spot welds to hold solid. Just needed to touch up the leading edge with paint to prevent rust, did not damage the face paint at all!

Before...
IMG_6235.jpeg

After...
IMG_6245.jpeg

Last edited:
Last thing I wanted to do after full suspension upgrade to get ready for 37's was to trim the aft wheel well pinch seams, it would at least have been super close if not touching on full stuff and ascetically just did not look good...Took all of about 15 minutes to measure, mark and cut using a thin cut-off wheel and sanding disc to smooth. Matched angle to edge of MetalCloak bumper and of course made both sides identical. Bought seam sealer but did not need, there are drainage channels you don't want to block and enough factory spot welds to hold solid. Just needed to touch up the leading edge with paint to prevent rust, did not damage the face paint at all!

Before...
View attachment 412009

After...
View attachment 412010
Nice!

If Jeep was smart (they aren't) they would have a very generous body fender opening, and then various sized fender trim insert pieces for the best function and look with 37", 35", and 33" tires.

Nice!

If Jeep was smart (they aren't) they would have a very generous body fender opening, and then various sized fender trim insert pieces for the best function and look with 37", 35", and 33" tires.

That is a great idea but now you are venturing into the world of common sense...Something lacking at Jeep and in our political arena!

Installed four new 37x12.50/R17 KO2 D's on the JLR-X today! I have an unused never-on-ground 37" KO2 D on my '20 JLR and will use it for my JLR-X spare. Putting all five OEM 35" KO2's on the '20 JLR getting her ready for sale. The other four 37" KO2's on the JLR are still in good condition and will have some resale value. So...a sound, rational financial decision!🤣

37x12.50/R17 KO2 D's! These are a perfect match with the upgraded suspension, ride and handling excellent, smooth, track straight and zero vibration up to the tested 85+mph! Very, very happy with this combo and the 2.0 with OEM 4.56 gears work just fine.:giggle:

Now to find some tire black and blackout the white letters on the inside...
IMG_6281.jpeg

What lift are you running and are you sure you don't have your rear lower control arms set too long? Even with 38" tires, I've never had to trim my pinch seam like that.

What lift are you running and are you sure you don't have your rear lower control arms set too long? Even with 38" tires, I've never had to trim my pinch seam like that.

The pinch seam is trimmed a bit more than really needed for cosmetic reasons; wanted to match the angle of the bumpers edge and blend better with the flow of the fender flare. All control arms are set to spec and matched side to side.

The Complete Suspension: Synergy springs (2" lift on 2-door Rubicon) along Synergy adjustable control arms, (all 8) front and rear adjustable track bars, front and rear adjustable sway bar links with 14mm to 12mm bushing for '24 MY front sway bar, rear frame side track bar brace, MetalCloak rear sway bar drop brackets and DuroSpring bumps, APEX 2.5 ton black aluminum tie rod and drag link, Fox ATS 'JK' stabilizer with APEX tie rod clamp and Synergy Fox ATS tie rod clamp adapter bushing and the new Fox 2.5 HTO IFP shocks. Various hardened washers/spacers as needed for proper alignment/clearance of front and rear lower sway bar links, rear track bar to frame mount (didn't want excess gap before torquing) and for lower shock mounts as needed. Overall very, very happy with this setup and there are no mystery suspension nosies!

Below is a copy of the alignment printout a couple of days after I finished the suspension upgrades. I set the tie rod for exactly the same length as factory, used my SteerSmarts alignment jig to verify, was shooting for 6.5 degrees caster and honestly just got damn lucky as no adjustments were needed! :giggle:

IMG_6197.jpeg

Top Bottom