FS: Poison Spyder Sport Cage 2011-2014 JKU

Kpalas

I have a new Poison Spyder sport cage that I bought for my 2014 JKU, but decided to go with Rock Hard cage instead. This has the grab handle option. I paid $944.00 plus shipping from PSC, asking $750 or best. Don't have the box that it came in any longer, and shipping would be expensive so pick up only. I'm in Elk Grove, Ca which is next to Sacramento.
Cage.jpg

Last edited:
First time I've seen all the parts for the PS Sport Cage all laid out - hope you sell.
Very interesting in comparison to the Rock Hard one.
Free bump!

Sort of looks like my OR Fab sport cage. A lot of fun to put in, NOT.:icon_crazy:

Why are you selling?

Free Bump.

I was on the fence between the PSC and Rock Hard, both have features I like. I had Rock Hard on my last jeep, but since I have PSC components on my Jeep now, I figured I would just go PSC. After doing a loose install of the PSC cage, the grab handles are higher than the Rock Hard, which would make it more difficult for my wife to get into the Jeep. And I wasn't to thrilled about cutting into my sound bar to make it fit. So I figure just to stick with what I know.

Did a member here buy it? Currently looking into getting this for my '14 2 door but can only see feedback on the 07-10 version. Would be great to get some install tips for when I eventually do it.

Currently looking into getting this for my '14 2 door but can only see feedback on the 07-10 version. Would be great to get some install tips for when I eventually do it.

I think there's a thread on that on here somewhere...

If your thinking about getting one, I'd wait unless you're able to get a good deal. Apparently PS is redesigning their cage to have it tie in with the front windshield (sounds like it will be similar to how OR-FAB did this on their cage) as well as a couple other improvements. Not sure when they plan on selling it yet, but I saw something mentioning the redesign back in October. (Only mentioning this here since the cage is now sold - I wouldn't have wanted to screw up the sale otherwise.)

Thank you, appreciate that. The lack of a windshield tie in was somewhat of a concern for me also. Especially when I go to a soft top, I was worried that the tension the soft top would put on the windshield might stress the hinges.

I just put in a psc sport cage in my 14...
Awesome! How'd the install go? Any major hang ups?

I think there's a thread on that on here somewhere...

If your thinking about getting one, I'd wait unless you're able to get a good deal. Apparently PS is redesigning their cage to have it tie in with the front windshield (sounds like it will be similar to how OR-FAB did this on their cage) as well as a couple other improvements. Not sure when they plan on selling it yet, but I saw something mentioning the redesign back in October. (Only mentioning this here since the cage is now sold - I wouldn't have wanted to screw up the sale otherwise.)
Thanks for the info, made me finally understand the windshield support concern I see everyone post about.

I'll post up a separate thread to get some more feedback. Others may have experience with friends or club members who've installed it too. And I'll definitely have to hit up PSC and see what their response is.

Awesome! How'd the install go? Any major hang ups?...
The install was not a cake walk by any means but I was not to bad. One of the only steps that i didn't do that were in the instructions was the cutting of the dash up around the top near the ac vent/tweeter. After putting up the bar that goes across the dash i found that there was no need for doing so. I did figure out some tips along the way... 1. Do Not drill the holes in the floor until you have the hole cage bolted together top to bottom. (This does go against the instructions) 2. You will have to tap every thread (the 3 on each door jam and all of the allen threads). I did have to do some custom modifications to the passenger side piece that goes from the floor to the top of the dash... I hade to grind a notch out that was hitting the metal in the dash and i had to have the spacer with the 3 holes milled down for everything to properly fit. I'm sure I'm forgetting something so if you have any more questions shoot me a message. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom