First Jeep. A new 2 door Wrangler Sport S. Live Oak Florida and the infamous Suwannee River.

knotbob

I have had a lot of 4WD's but not for off-roading except my very first one that was a 1970 Toyota FJ40. It was 1975 and it was in the back of a dealership in the weeds with a few other trade ins that had found a place to die. Nobody currently at the dealership even knew what was wrong with it. I brought a mechanic friend with me to look at it the next day and after a very short inspection he said "it needs a fuel filter". I bought the Land Cruiser cheap but couldn't drive it away that day. We went to an auto parts store and the counter sales guy said we didn't have many parts for Toyotas. My friend tells him it's a Chevy in-line six and I bought a fuel filter for it. We went back to the dealership and nobody could believe it when it cranked up and I drove away. Later the same day I hiked out of the woods and hitch hiked to town and found a hardware store. I hitch hiked back to the woods with all I could carry in come-a-long, some chain some rope and a shovel. Hours later I emerged from the woods and never got stuck again (that day anyway).

Top Bottom