Finally got my ARB compressor installed!

blackbettie

Was happily surprised this morning when my front porch had all the stuff I ordered to do the install, I think it turned out great. I have to say M.O.R.E (mountain off road enterprises) really Have gone above and beyond, with their engine bay mount for this compressor the level of detail they used in the instructions and all the fab work to make it. Great work guys.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422660379.573915.jpg

Was happily surprised this morning when my front porch had all the stuff I ordered to do the install, I think it turned out great. I have to say M.O.R.E (mountain off road enterprises) really Have gone above and beyond, with their engine bay mount for this compressor the level of detail they used in the instructions and all the fab work to make it. Great work guys.

View attachment 121789

looks great. sounds like your install went a lot quicker and easier than mine. how long do you think it took you? also what kind of attachment is that for the hose?

looks great. sounds like your install went a lot quicker and easier than mine. how long do you think it took you? also what kind of attachment is that for the hose?

Hey yeah it was pretty straight forward install, only thing I had trouble with was getting the order of the install (compressor mounted to plate then in truck vs other way around). Once I got that figured out went quick.

I think you might be talking about the red quick connect?

Just got mine too, gonna install next week. Any advice or is it pretty strait forward.

So the only thing i have to say is install the post (inside the engine bay) nearest the radiator first. Mount the compressor to the plate (outside the engine bay, make sure your Allen bolt is in place before attaching the plate), attach the second post onto the plate and line it up with the hole drilled closest to the firewall to attach that way.

Second piece of advice, grab a beer and turn on some music 😀

Hey yeah it was pretty straight forward install, only thing I had trouble with was getting the order of the install (compressor mounted to plate then in truck vs other way around). Once I got that figured out went quick.

I think you might be talking about the red quick connect?

yeah there is no way to mount it if you put the bracket in first and then try to install the compressor.

yes what brand of quick connect is that? mine is a lot bigger it seems.

So the only thing i have to say is install the post (inside the engine bay) nearest the radiator first. Mount the compressor to the plate (outside the engine bay, make sure your Allen bolt is in place before attaching the plate), attach the second post onto the plate and line it up with the hole drilled closest to the firewall to attach that way.

Second piece of advice, grab a beer and turn on some music 

i would just add that you need to double check and triple check the bracket before drilling the wholes. although it is pretty straight forward, if you are off a little you will run into problems with some of the supports that are under the plastic peace you drill through. (this is one problem i ran into) other than that just take your time.

yeah there is no way to mount it if you put the bracket in first and then try to install the compressor.

yes what brand of quick connect is that? mine is a lot bigger it seems.

i would just add that you need to double check and triple check the bracket before drilling the wholes. although it is pretty straight forward, if you are off a little you will run into problems with some of the supports that are under the plastic peace you drill through. (this is one problem i ran into) other than that just take your time.

Here's the info for the quick connect. I bought it as a set with other fittings for my air hose.

Legacy A73458D Color Connex Type D 14 Piece. 1/4 in. Red Coupler and Plug Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TFE7WK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_bkvZub0FH0CGG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TFE7WK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_bkvZub0FH0CGG

You are right about the bracket being off on the drilled holes underneath. I had to trim some of the plastic ribbing under there to fit the bolt flush up to the underside because I was off about 1/8th of an inch! I also found that you have to angle the manifold on the compressor as far to the side of the hood as possible while still allowing yourself to get the fitting screwed in or the hose end that goesto the ARB locker manifold will hit the hood just slightly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom