Fender Flares

dwest80

Hello all,
I'm looking for aftermarket fender flares for my 2007 4 door JKU. If anyone has any they would like to get rid of, then please reply with pictures and a price!

Hello all,
I'm looking for aftermarket fender flares for my 2007 4 door JKU. If anyone has any they would like to get rid of, then please reply with pictures and a price!

You dont want to introduce yourself first? get to know us? you just want to pop on get what you want and leave? no thanks.......

I wasn't aware there was an introduction process. Apologies. Anyway, I have heard about how cool the site is and decided to join. I am the owner of a 2007 JKU, which I have recently started adding modifications to (pics soon). I am located near Knoxville, TN! Hopefully I don't get blasted anymore for not knowing the etiquette.

I wasn't aware there was an introduction process. Apologies. Anyway, I have heard about how cool the site is and decided to join. I am the owner of a 2007 JKU, which I have recently started adding modifications to (pics soon). I am located near Knoxville, TN! Hopefully I don't get blasted anymore for not knowing the etiquette.

Ahhhh no worries, its not a strict protocol.... I have just had one or three already and got bored..... great to have you here... hope you find what you need

You dont want to introduce yourself first? get to know us? you just want to pop on get what you want and leave? no thanks.......

Who says he's gonna leave? Maybe that just happened to be his first post. It's not like he is begging for anything for free. By his own admission he didn't know about the introduction threads. Give the guy a break.

Welcome bro!

Who says he's gonna leave? Maybe that just happened to be his first post. It's not like he is begging for anything for free. By his own admission he didn't know about the introduction threads. Give the guy a break.

Welcome bro!

I think it clearly reads just like that. if it does not Pm me and I will answer it with a clear explination

I think it clearly reads just like that. if it does not Pm me and I will answer it with a clear explination

I hear what your saying. Just trying to be optimistic and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, I know you'd have an easier time finding stock fender flares to cut up if your going for an aftermarket look. I hardly ever see aftermarkets up for sale here, though I'm not really looking. JK fender flares are such a PITA I don't think many people go back to stockers after installing aftermarkets.

I hear what your saying. Just trying to be optimistic and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, I know you'd have an easier time finding stock fender flares to cut up if your going for an aftermarket look. I hardly ever see aftermarkets up for sale here, though I'm not really looking. JK fender flares are such a PITA I don't think many people go back to stockers after installing aftermarkets.

And he is already signed out.... hope i didnt spook the new guy... Like I said. Had a few. hope i wasnt too gruff

I have thought about cutting the originals but am a little spooked in case I ruin them. Thanks for the help. I will probably have to resort to buying a set.

I have thought about cutting the originals but am a little spooked in case I ruin them. Thanks for the help. I will probably have to resort to buying a set.

Yeah, I was looking to do something similar too, but was also a bit too spooked to use my own. However, lots of guys on here sell their stock flares pretty cheap when they decide to upgrade. If you can find a nice cheap pair on here to cut up, that may be easier to find.

Hello all,

If you find some and wanna split with the stocks shoot me a PM I need a left front.

Don't be scared about cutting them. The first cut is the hardest. After that it's easy. Trust me I do very little work on my jeep myself cause I don't have that much of a mechanical background but when it came to cutting my stocked I dove in. When I finished I was amazed by how it came out..... Amazing in my own opinion. I just followed the write up posted above

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, I was looking to do something similar too, but was also a bit too spooked to use my own. However, lots of guys on here sell their stock flares pretty cheap when they decide to upgrade. If you can find a nice cheap pair on here to cut up, that may be easier to find.

The write-ups here are awesome and provide good user based information, I have been considering after-market fender flares, but I would rather put that money into lockers or other drive train parts. I am planning to cut my stock flares, and if I really mess it up they are cheaper to replace. But going back to the write-ups I plan to follow the link given in an early post.

Cut the ones you got

To the OP, look at it this way, you already have a free set to either make look great or screw up, ;), the ones that Chrysler sent with your Jeep. Take your time, follow others write-ups and experience and they'll turn out great.

I was also going to buy a take off set but figured I already have a free set so no need to waste money. If you screw those up, find a replacement for said corner on eBay, from a forum member or buy a new OEM replacement from a vendor.

Take your time and tape off the look you want, tape some more, have a few beers, tape again and start cutting with a jig saw. I've posted here prior but a handy tool that another forum member suggested was a sheet rock rasp after you've done your cuts to take down the high spots and beer induced wiggles and finish them up with a sanding block. Wipe down with some 303 and stand back and admire, :thumb:! As already said, the first cut is the hardest, just make sure someone is there to hold your beer.

To the OP, look at it this way, you already have a free set to either make look great or screw up, ;), the ones that Chrysler sent with your Jeep. Take your time, follow others write-ups and experience and they'll turn out great.

I was also going to buy a take off set but figured I already have a free set so no need to waste money. If you screw those up, find a replacement for said corner on eBay, from a forum member or buy a new OEM replacement from a vendor.

Take your time and tape off the look you want, tape some more, have a few beers, tape again and start cutting with a jig saw. I've posted here prior but a handy tool that another forum member suggested was a sheet rock rasp after you've done your cuts to take down the high spots and beer induced wiggles and finish them up with a sanding block. Wipe down with some 303 and stand back and admire, :thumb:! As already said, the first cut is the hardest, just make sure someone is there to hold your beer.

LOL thanks for the advice. Either way, the flares will be shaved to some degree some how some way.

Top Bottom