Electronic throttle control warning

OlderMan53

Been getting the electronic throttle control warning light always followed by ABS off light. Replaced all wheel speed sensors and the electronic throttle body and i am still having the same problem.

did you check the wiring and pins on the plug to the throttle body? no bent or pushed in pins, no signs of corrosion?
had same issue on my 2010 JKU, bought a new plug, de-pinned the old plug and pinned into the new plug, no more issues.

The new plug did come pinned with about 8" of wire but I noticed the old plug was no longer holding a few pins in place, so I opted to to the method above versus splicing wires.

did you check the wiring and pins on the plug to the throttle body? no bent or pushed in pins, no signs of corrosion?
had same issue on my 2010 JKU, bought a new plug, de-pinned the old plug and pinned into the new plug, no more issues.

The new plug did come pinned with about 8" of wire but I noticed the old plug was no longer holding a few pins in place, so I opted to to the method above versus splicing wires.
Any chance you remember exactly what the name for the plug was?

What @jeeeep said.

I don’t know if the configuration is the same on the 3.8 as my 3.6 but FWIW,

I broke a wire on mine a couple years ago and replaced the whole shooting match because the pins looked wore out.

Here’s the deal though, twice a month the light started coming on with a CEL too. I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and it goes away. Turns out, the plug wasn’t completed seated in the throttle body.

In my experience, the plug and pins are very sensitive to not being fully engaged.

Here’s a picture for no reason…
Who doesn’t love a picture.
IMG_8511.jpeg

Top Bottom