Disney, Oklahoma Rocktoberfest Oct 22

RUBEERCON

If anyone is interested Rocktoberfest in Disney, Ok / Grand Lake is coming up soon.

It's officially Oct, 22 on Saturday but we wheel the 21st thru the 23rd.

It's not a huge event like some of you may be used to, we have a few food trailers and a few sponsors that show up. It's mainly a kick off weekend for the fall wheeling season. No admission but there is usually a cause you can donate to.

Don't get this confused with The Big Meat Run. Our biggest crowds show up at Big Meat in the spring. The Big Meat run can get extremely crazy and congested. The Rocktoberfest weekend is very laid back and plenty of room to run the on the river, rock gardens and in the woods. We have cooler weather in October too!

You can find either event on YouTube.

If you are interested I can help you find lodging in the area. There are 3 onsite campgrounds at the state parks and on some pay sites on private land. There are several small rental cabins in the area. The closest motel is 20-30 minutes away.

Gas, restaurants and lodging are plentiful just a mile from the park entrance. There is a small parts store and a few mechanics in the area. Within a 30 minute drive in several directions you will find larger towns if you need something major. Let's hope not!

Any interest? Anyone going?

Steve

Pssssshhh. Work and crap are way overrated...

I agree. Unfortunately it's the only thing I have found to pay the bills. And lots of people on welfare are depending on me.

The 18th is also the wife and my anniversary. We've had some crappy years here lately and this year we've been so busy with work and buying the house last year, we didn't go on a vacation this year. So she may wanna do something if I'm not working.

I've also never been with any of my rigs so I would like to go when it's not so congested with people. But also go with people that go and know the trails and stuff. It's been years since I've been but I rode with a buddy and watched mostly.

Were running through Disney this weekend if anyone wants to join, we will also be attending Rocktoberfest on the 22nd. Who's in?

Catch you next time Doug. We had a good pre run, the trees are finally turning. If the sun pops we'll have some good pics. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476743695.443163.jpg

Top Bottom