Dashboard lights go out.

NorthCountry

Greetings everyone, I tried to find an existing thread but couldn't. Today I went to start the Gladiator. Had all normal lights on across the dash, Jeep logo across the u-connect screen, etc.
As soon as I pushed the ignition button to start the jeep, everything went dead. No start, no lights, nothing. I opened the hood and checked the battery. Nothing seemed out of place, didn't expect to see anything with only 3600 miles. Anyway walked back to the drivers side to check the dash, and all the lights were on as normal. Started right up with no dash codes. Just a freak incident or has anyone else experienced this glitch. Thanks and safe travels.

First, check connections on battery. Second, take top of fuse box (Passenger side, fire wall) off and push down firmly on every fuse and relay in there to make sure they're seated.
Third, check all grounding locations (hint, they're everywhere). Fourth, have batteries tested.

Afterthought, is this a new 2023 that sat until you bought it? If so, your batteries are likely shot.

Upvote 0
2023 Sport, purchased used a couple of months ago with 2300 miles, now has 3600 miles.
Yeah I would assume battery. Probably bought in 2022 original or just sat. Have your batteries tested at an auto parts store to confirm. Maybe you can warranty them if you have a warranty.

Upvote 0
First, check connections on battery. Second, take top of fuse box (Passenger side, fire wall) off and push down firmly on every fuse and relay in there to make sure they're seated.
Third, check all grounding locations (hint, they're everywhere). Fourth, have batteries tested.

Afterthought, is this a new 2023 that sat until you bought it? If so, your batteries are likely shot.
The jeep was actually used by the previous owner. Drove it for 2300 miles and decided it wasn't for him. Too funny that you say to check te fuse box. When I was looking at the battery I actually tapped the fuse box cover with the palm of my hand. Wonder if that touched things off. All good things to consider. Thank you and safe travels.

Upvote 0
sounds like a battery to me as Overlanderjk mentioned. Usually a bad cell in the battery will allow it to have good voltage but when you go to start the jeep it doesn’t have enough juice

Upvote 0
Top Bottom