Brake job price??

dglangan

Anyone know how much new front and rear pads and a new rear rotor installed would be though a dealership? Just trying to figure out how much I saved by doing it myself ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399661343.524760.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399661356.118151.jpg

The dealer by me had a special for $199 per axle... Pads are $35 and Rotors should be $60 and up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

i don't even ask how much i saved i just thought you had to do it everything to your jeep yourself unless its just way out of your league and in that case enlist other jeepers to help :beer:

So if it's $80/hr and 2 hours per axle, that's $320 in labor alone, plus parts that's got to be at least $500 or so. Damn I'm happy I did this on my own for under $200.

You're looking at 2 hours of shop time. Now, obviously, it doesn't take two hours, and a mechanic with a lift should be able to do it in under 10 minutes per corner, but that's the amount they are going to charge unfortunately. Doing it at home, if you know what you are doing, will take probably around 20 minutes per corner or so.

I work for a Mercedes Benz dealer and we are $135/hr. We charge 2.0 hours per axle for pads and rotors or 1.0 per axle for only pads. Why are you only replacing 1 rotor? Usually brakes are replaced in matching pairs.

Last edited:
I work for a Mercedes Benz dealer and we are $135/hr. We charge 2.0 hours per axle for pads and rotors or 1.0 per axle for only pads. Why are you only replacing 1 rotor? Usually brakes are replaced in matching pairs.

I was able to catch the other rotor before it started to score. I was surprised too that I only had to replace one. Looked like I had just a few more miles before that other rotor was gone too.

Top Bottom