Blackwood Canyon/McKinney Rubicon Springs Trail

jkjurny

So this weekend was my birthday, and my wife surprised me with a trip to Tahoe, which included an afternoon of wheeling.

Since we only had half a day and we're going with just the one Jeep, my wife, and 3 kids. I decided to do a moderate trail.

This trail is described in the Charles Wells book and the California Trails book for the region.

Had a great time!!! Nothing too difficult at all. Had a couple of moderate obstacles that kept thing interesting. One on the Blackwood trail that was a steep climb while straddling a little split. My wife drove that one. The second was on McKinney. Nothing too hard at all. For both, we took the easy lines since we were solo.

I'll try to post pics later, but our pics came out really bad due to the time of the day (shadows and hotspots). Video came out crappy too. For whatever reason the cameras were all pointing at the sun. Also, hard to take pics with 2 5 year olds and a 2 year old in the back. Kids were troopers though. They complain more on the drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles. On the 4 hour adventure. They didn't complain as much.

Here is a pic. I'll upload from my DSLR and GoPro if there any good ones. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380510650.027559.jpg

Top Bottom