Black Wheel Question

jason08JK

May sound like a dumb question but here it goes. Those of you with black wheels, how do they look after a few trips after some rock rash? My chrome have deep scratches but they are not super obvious How does the black hold up or look?

The slabs look better and better as you use them. I also like my factory wheels with all the damage to them, sets me apart from the mall crawlers haha

I have method race wheel double standards (black with a brushed ring that is removable/replaceable) If you plan to scratch them up like i did, a black rim with a brushed beadlock/ring is a good way to go. I barely notice the rock scratches on mine until i look closer.

The clear coat on my gloss black wheels has started to come off after playing in the water and mud. Small debris acts like sandpaper against a spinning wheel. I'd go with something that has a matte or semi gloss finish

I have used Plasti-dip on my wheels before. Never used it on the rings tho. But it wouldn't be hard to just Plasti-dip them after each wheeling trip if you wanted them to look new again. I'm kinda partial to the beat up/scratched look myself :D

You certainly notice the scratches. My rims are all beat up but it doesn't bother me. If you don't want to see scratches chrome is the better route.

You certainly notice the scratches. My rims are all beat up but it doesn't bother me. If you don't want to see scratches chrome is the better route.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind scratches but I I'm not sure I like this look on my $400 wheels. :pointing:
rock rash 1.jpg

This is exactly why I get polished outers on all my wheels
7y5anu4a.jpg

I have method race wheel double standards (black with a brushed ring that is removable/replaceable) If you plan to scratch them up like i did, a black rim with a brushed beadlock/ring is a good way to go. I barely notice the rock scratches on mine until i look closer.

I went with the same setup, just for that reason. Love the Methods!

Top Bottom