Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival Oct 11-13 http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/

I know this area is known for sloped roofs but this looks like a fun weekend.
Dinner includes all you can drink beer. Hah! Hopefully it’s not Bud light.

LOCATION: BANTAM QUARRY AT KILDOO - 989 KILDOO ROAD, PORTERSVILLE, PA 16051 * *PLEASE USE GOOGLE MAPS AS OTHER MAP APPS DO NOT TAKE YOU TO THE CORRECT LOCATION* *

If you like follow the leader roads this is right up your alley. If you're looking for challenges I wouldn't drive from Virginia for it. Their events are not known for difficulty, more for socializing. I don't mean to shit all over it, If you're just looking to hang out & have some beers it would be a good time for that. Since I hate people I dont go to their stuff even though it's like a half hour away....

This is an overhead view of the area. Looks like mostly roads and a play area

Screenshot 2024-08-09 113647.jpg

If you like follow the leader roads this is right up your alley. If you're looking for challenges I wouldn't drive from Virginia for it. Their events are not known for difficulty, more for socializing. I don't mean to shit all over it, If you're just looking to hang out & have some beers it would be a good time for that. Since I hate people I dont go to their stuff even though it's like a half hour away....

View attachment 411627
Interesting thanks. Do you ever do trips with PA Jeepers?

It’s a group. They just had their annual all breeds Jeep show in Carlisle. Was kinda fun I think they mostly do AOAA and Coal mountain stuff.
Ok, Thats what I thought. No I tend to shun groups so I'm not familiar with them. I joined a local club once but took a right when everyone else took a left because these guys were just insufferable nanny's. I'm not a badass but just wasn't for me. AOAA, Coal Mountain, Rausch Creek are all legit places and I've been to them several times. They are all worth going to for sure.

Ok, Thats what I thought. No I tend to shun groups so I'm not familiar with them. I joined a local club once but took a right when everyone else took a left because these guys were just insufferable nanny's. I'm not a badass but just wasn't for me. AOAA, Coal Mountain, Rausch Creek are all legit places and I've been to them several times. They are all worth going to for sure.
Yeah understood. I’ll join them on a couple runs and see if they are wussified. Did a jamboree last year and wasn’t really impressed. Some terrible spotters with fairly odd thinking about obstacles IMO. Just looking to do some trails without to much hassle. I’d like to find locals but most everyone I talk to around here isn’t interested plus there doesn’t seem to be any legit trails worth hitting nearby. Peters Mill is a BOH trail that’s a few miles from my house but i think you could do it in a Subaru or Ford Maverick.

View attachment 411627

We have been to the June version of this event a couple of times. It’s an East Coast Jeep Event. I’m not talking shit, I am just giving my observations from my experience. D-Day sums it up well. It’s more about hanging out and partying than hitting trails. Having said that it can still be fun and you can meet great people and see some cool Jeeps. I have seen some really nice classic Jeeps at the June event. If you are expecting the Rubicon Trail, Moab, or big western style trails- it’s not that.

Now the all you can drink beer is tempting, 🤔 however I’m pretty sure they might end that policy if I were to show up.

Yeah understood. I’ll join them on a couple runs and see if they are wussified. Did a jamboree last year and wasn’t really impressed. Some terrible spotters with fairly odd thinking about obstacles IMO. Just looking to do some trails without to much hassle. I’d like to find locals but most everyone I talk to around here isn’t interested plus there doesn’t seem to be any legit trails worth hitting nearby. Peters Mill is a BOH trail that’s a few miles from my house but i think you could do it in a Subaru or Ford Maverick.

Peter’s Mill is not very cool.

For local trails there is ‘Flag Pole’ via Union Springs Road - make sure and run Union Springs up hill for the best time. Wet weather makes it fun.

There is ‘Bald Mountain Jeep Trail’ south of Charlottesville off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Lots of water and mud during certain times of the year.

Also, near Roanoke is ‘Potts Mountain Trail’ reportedly the hardest recognized trail in VA. Like most east coast trails there is a huge difficulty difference when the trail is wet.

With a little Google-Fu you can easily find these trails. They are all well marked and established trails and most of them are on State Park Land.

Top Bottom