Anyway to check gears

American outlaw

I called the deader and asked what gears I have. Well they didn't seam like they had a clue what was going on. Is there any way to check for myself.

Get a build sheet from Chrysler. There is a thread in here somewhere with the site

Sent from my iPhone somewhere over the rainbow

Jack rear end off the ground. Count tire rotations for one full turn of the driveshaft/pinion. That's your gear ratio.

Sent from WAYALIFE iPhone app

Jack rear end off the ground. Count tire rotations for one full turn of the driveshaft/pinion. That's your gear ratio.

I think it's the other way. I think if say you had 4.10s, the driveshaft would make just over 4 complete turns with one full tire rotation.

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

Incorrect.

I think it's the other way. I think if say you had 4.10s, the driveshaft would make just over 4 complete turns with one full tire rotation.

Correct.

Use tape. Top center of driveshaft. 12 o'clock on tire! Jack her up! Do some math. But, if your jeeps tire spins four times to your driveshafts one time. Something's definitely wrong

Just to add;

There are only 3 factory ratios possible.

If your driveshaft turns just a little over 3 times, you have 3.21

Almost 4 time = 3.73

Just past 4 times = 4.10

Top Bottom