Another Aux Light Thread...

4PLAY

Caught the Bug
Going through boxes in the garage to not only organize but also to group all 'extra' JL parts and accessories I want to sell and came across new Rigid 360 6" driving lights and 4" spots! I bought them planning to install on my '20 JLR and honestly between moving and getting super busy at work, just forgot about them. A bit of Christmas in August! Going to install the 6" driving lights on the JLR-X OEM front bumper this Sunday, mocked up a location that look great and work great. I even had the stainless steel brackets powder coated black way back when and they will look perfect on the factory bumper. Not sure yet where I might mount the 4" spots...Going to tie the back lit portion to the running lights and switch the driving/spots via the AUX switches and the relay that comes with the Rigid wiring harness.

There are a lot of good aftermarket lights available but IMHO Rigid and Baja Designs are two of the best. I personally like the look of the Rigid 360's better on an OEM bumper but that is strictly personal taste! :giggle:

Forgot I had these...
IMG_6261.jpeg

Nice!! I’m also a huge fan of the Bajas. Super pricey but super bright, look great and you can interchange the lens/cover if you decide to change things up.

Mounted the 360 6" driving lights and after trying several bumper locations, thought this one looked and worked best. Wanted to mount the 360 4" spots as well but the only place they looked 'right' was on the bull bar...However living in the Arizona desert the last thing I want is to restrict airflow to the radiator, also I didn't like how much of the front camera view they blocked. Decided the A-Pillar / cowl would be idea and looked at the Rigid mounts which mount to the underside windshield hinge and the KC bracket which mounts to the outside of the hinge and cowl. Bought the KC bracket as it sits lower and slightly out so as not to obstruct visibility, install this weekend!

IMG_6355.jpeg

Mounted the 360 6" driving lights and after trying several bumper locations, thought this one looked and worked best. Wanted to mount the 360 4" spots as well but the only place they looked 'right' was on the bull bar...However living in the Arizona desert the last thing I want is to restrict airflow to the radiator, also I didn't like how much of the front camera view they blocked. Decided the A-Pillar / cowl would be idea and looked at the Rigid mounts which mount to the underside windshield hinge and the KC bracket which mounts to the outside of the hinge and cowl. Bought the KC bracket as it sits lower and slightly out so as not to obstruct visibility, install this weekend!

View attachment 412786
Nice subtle TRX flex.

Exterior Aux Lighting Complete...

Installed the Rigid 360 4" spots on the cowl using the KC cowl/A-pillar mounts. Powder coated the Rigid brackets black and used short black exterior carriage bolts instead of the included longer stainless carriage bolts. They look great and work great in this location, also a very clean install that is easy to clean around...I hate mounts that you cannot get your hands under on wash day!

IMG_6383.jpeg
IMG_6385.jpeg

Also removed the factory CMHSL and replaced with the Teraflex third brake light. Install came out great, drilled hole in camera mount protrusion of tire carrier for brake light wiring. Also trimmed and shaped OEM camera bezel to fit with Teraflex mount, I like this look better than a stop light sitting atop the tire!
*The 37 KO2's really do not look as cartoonish in person as in this photo, this is clearly an optical illusion due to close focus to highlight the OEM camera bezel fit with the Teraflex third brake light mount.

IMG_6392.jpeg

Top Bottom