AEV Procal Snap Error Issues + Solution

JK4Me

Hey all!

I did a ton of searching online and found that the AEV Procal snap can be a bit fidgety on occasion. Here is my story in case this helps any of you to troubleshoot your device.

My device paired perfectly on the first attempt. I got the three hunks and the green light.

When I tried to set the tire size, on my 2020 Jeep gladiator with the 8.4 inch screen, I went to settings, audio, equalizer, and tried to from base to treble enter in the tire size. However, the plus and minus buttons were not working. The device started flashing rapidly in blue

I tried a couple of times more to make it work, but nothing was working and continue to get that quick flashing blue light. When I turned off the radio, it did show me the settings on the main dash but nothing would change. I got the error message with code 134, so-called AEV technical support.

Once I got someone on the phone, it was pretty good and we had it fixed in about 10 minutes or less. However, it took a couple of days because of the hours of the AEV call center.

So here are the couple of troubleshooting points that I thought might benefit if you were experiencing issues to resolve it without having to call into the call center.

1. Ensure that there is no phone connected via USB to the radio. I pulled out my USB cable just to make 100% sure.

2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone so that it doesn't connect via Bluetooth while the vehicle is in run mode.

3. Make sure that your radio input is on AM or FM and not Bluetooth audio.

4. Once this is done, click on audio on your radio, then go to settings, then select audio and equalizer, and start entering from left to right the tire size.

I am not 100% sure if some or all of these steps were needed, but when I went in to the equalizer settings, after following these directions, I instantly saw the settings on the radio showing the default tire size, which it did not do before

Hopefully this helps someone, because it definitely assisted and made the ride smoother after it was done.

Top Bottom