Advice!!

socc3rakd25

Two questions:
1. Out west destinations/Routes?
2. Road trip Mods?
Planning a trip out west this summer in the jeep. My poor wife has barely left the state of Florida and I'm trying to show her all the beauty of the other side of the Mississippi. Would love to hear of some awesome destinations or scenic routes you all know of. I'm also adding a trans cooler to the jeep since she's on 37's surrounded by way too much metal :rock: The arizona heat might not treat her too well. Any other mods you would suggest before the trip??
Thanks for any help! Hopefully I'll see some of you at Jeep Beach :drinks:
Here's the brute taking us out there

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376066072.885675.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376066072.885675.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 144
Just wanted to say that I approve of everything in this picture. :thumb:

(except her finger near the trigger)

:rock:

i dont know where to go but on what to bring or have i maybe able to help.

i would make sure you have plenty of fluids (oil, trans oil, gear oil, etc), some sort of OBA system for if you get a flat, Triple A in case somethig breaks you cant fix (i.e Tranny), tools, and such. im sure all of that was a no brainer but just wanted to throw it out there as a reminder.

as far as mods go maybe get some mud flaps just in case you need them in another state

when i think of jeep trips i think of two places 1# the rubicon 2# moab! Those to place rapped in with a nice drive out would be sweet! maybe try and see when you are free and throw it out there to the locals of the place you are going and ask them to show you the way!

Colorado, also. We are going to CO for two weeks in June. As much as I dislike the political sway over there...can't beat the scenery. :yup:

We always take the Jeep.

If you have the time on your trip, I would make a large loop. Take I10 to California see the Joy that is the Sana Monica Pier...Head north up the PCH to Big Sur and Carmel...start heading east see Yosemite, Mohave Desert, Vegas then head into Utah where you can see North Rim Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Moab then head into Colorado.

Just wanted to say that I approve of everything in this picture. :thumb:

(except her finger near the trigger)

:rock:

I know! Almost ruins the picture... but just not quite lol Fortunately this was when we started dating a couple years ago. Now the woman could pretty much be a NRA instructor.

i dont know where to go but on what to bring or have i maybe able to help.

i would make sure you have plenty of fluids (oil, trans oil, gear oil, etc), some sort of OBA system for if you get a flat, Triple A in case somethig breaks you cant fix (i.e Tranny), tools, and such. im sure all of that was a no brainer but just wanted to throw it out there as a reminder.

as far as mods go maybe get some mud flaps just in case you need them in another state

Good call on the mud flaps! Completely slipped my mind

If you have the time on your trip, I would make a large loop. Take I10 to California see the Joy that is the Sana Monica Pier...Head north up the PCH to Big Sur and Carmel...start heading east see Yosemite, Mohave Desert, Vegas then head into Utah where you can see North Rim Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Moab then head into Colorado.

My map is looking pretty damn close to this. This will be more of a "scenic trip" so we're hitting all the national parks out west. No worries though, we'll sneak in some wheelin :clap2:

Thanks for the replies! A lot of CO fans. I just spent a week in steamboat skiing and snowmobiling. Gorgeous. I'll post a pic of the "rough draft" map here soon. Keep it coming with the advice. I love hearing what you all think :thumb:

Top Bottom