33" Tire Help

I have a 16 willy's that I need new tires on. I'd like to upgrade to a modest 33" set of Nitto's, but I'd appreciate some input on what upgrades I would need. I am leaning towards the Teraflex spring leveling kit, upgraded shocks and rear trackbar. I already have the 2" steering upgrade and front trackbar. Would I need adjustable control arms or should the geometry stay pretty happy with only 1.5" of lift?

I'm open to any and all solutions and I appreciate the feedback!

2” puck spacer lift? You’ll be fine. You could add control arms to dial in your axle but you don’t need them. I would run terrorflex coils though. Not sure what a 2” steering upgrade is though.

What Overlander said. That’s pretty mild and should be fine, would look at something other than Teraflex though. Shocks would be a good upgrade and you can save a buck by just getting a trackbar relocation bracket.

2” puck spacer lift? You’ll be fine. You could add control arms to dial in your axle but you don’t need them. I would run terrorflex coils though. Not sure what a 2” steering upgrade is though.
The 2" steel tie rod and drag link upgrade. Fixed the death wobble for me. Have heard not great things about puck spacers so I would like to avoid that option.

What Overlander said. That’s pretty mild and should be fine, would look at something other than Teraflex though. Shocks would be a good upgrade and you can save a buck by just getting a trackbar relocation bracket.
I appreciate that. Teraflex is definitely on the pricey side but I've been struggling to find 1.5"-2" spring lift options from other companies. Trackbar relocation is a good Idea too.

The 2" steel tie rod and drag link upgrade. Fixed the death wobble for me. Have heard not great things about puck spacers so I would like to avoid that option.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with spacer lifts. They literally retain the ride you currently have if you add shock extensions. If you want an actual lift that isn’t spacers, Dynatrac, Rancho or EVO are far better options.
I appreciate that. Teraflex is definitely on the pricey side but I've been struggling to find 1.5"-2" spring lift options from other companies. Trackbar relocation is a good Idea too.
Terrorflex is not on the pricey side but they are trash. Their springs are some of the harshest riding springs out there and they will Hesiod far more the the advertised 1.5-2” of lift.

I’ve run them and they suck. I’ve also run spacer lifts and for a small lift like that it’s one of the best options.
L

Top Bottom