'24 JLR-X 'Stealth' Audio Upgrade Begins...

4PLAY

Caught the Bug
Now that suspension is 100% complete and dialed in...Time to upgrade the audio system while keeping everything as OEM appearing as possible! Finished first steps yesterday: Removed the Alpine sub and reclaimed the much needed storage cubby in the cargo floor. Installed a passenger side JL Audio Stealthbox sub, fits perfectly and does not interfere with folding the rear seat. During this install I added some additional sound deadening to both the right rear interior and a heavy coat of spray-on Boom Mat to the underside of the wheel-well and let dry before reinstalling the right rear fender flare. Over the next few weeks (as time allows) will be adding JL Audio component speakers and two JL Audio amplifiers...

JL Audio Stealthbox fits perfectly and no interference with rear seat. *Rear seat left out till other audio upgrades complete.
IMG_6223.jpeg

Cargo floor storage reclaimed! Waiting on ordered soft mat liner for bottom...
IMG_6224.jpeg

Masked off what not to spray and then applied a heavy coat of spray-on Boom Mat and let dry before reinstalling fender flare. Note: The fender flare clips at the 1 and 2 o'clock position come with a special sealing gasket attached to the clips, luckily dealer had these special clips.

IMG_6226.jpeg

The all-wearher subwoofer comes with a special flip-up cover which only allows access to the tool storage area and jack but leaves a hole for the subwoofer. Did you replace the flip-up cover with an OEM one for the lesser/standard audio system? Or did it come with the side-mounted subwoofer kit?

The all-wearher subwoofer comes with a special flip-up cover which only allows access to the tool storage area and jack but leaves a hole for the subwoofer. Did you replace the flip-up cover with an OEM one for the lesser/standard audio system? Or did it come with the side-mounted subwoofer kit?

It was in the cargo floor with the flip-up cover. I am temporary using the folding cargo cover from my '20 JLR, not exactly the same carpet texture and I need to put it back in the '20 before I sell it.

I want to either sell the Alpine sub and flip-up cover or trade it for a standard new/newer cover with matching carpet from a non-Alpine equipped JLR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom