2013 JKU with Evo Leveling kit; pics and measurements

vdog0531

Wanted to give some real world measurements and pics for people who are interested in the evo leveling kit.

Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Jku sport
Suspension: Evo leveling kit (#59 factory rear springs), synergy fixed lower control arms (.5" longer than stock and angled in for more tire clearance), fox remote res shox (4 to 6" lift in front and 1.5 to 3" lift in rear), 2" metalcloak adjustable bumpstops front and rear
Steering: Steer Smarts yeti drag link (factory bottom mount design) and Tie Rod
Wheels: 17x9 Level 8 Bully pro 4.5 back spacing
Tires: 35x12.5 bfg ko2

Mods that effect weight that should be considered

Bumpers: Crawler conceptz skinny front and rear
Winch: Warn m8000 with steel cable
Soft top: Trek top nx
Spare Tire Delete

Front coil spring perch to tower measuring a gain of 2 1/8th inches over stock

Rear .75 spacer was installed, so as you can guess, it raised it 3/4 of an inch (note: rear of vehicle has been slightly "lifted" due to the removal of hard top and spare tire)

Ride Impressions: as the name says... The coils ride very plush. Since ride and handling is all subjective and relative, no point in getting into much detail here and cause everyone to fight... But I personally think my jeep has great street manners. With the lower control arms, the steering is very stable with no drifting or wondering. I run the tires at 28 psi and set toe based on the write up on here. I have not flexed the jeep yet but will update when I can get it into some dirt.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474495010.705185.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474495026.487969.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474495040.591738.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474495053.608188.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474495081.636706.jpg

Note: yes, my jeep is my daily driver and sees mostly street mileage, hence the leveling kit instead of coil overs, and all terrains instead of coil overs, etc etc. Yes, I would love to have my jeep more insanely modded, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to have the opportunity to drive a jeep everyday, so it is set up according to my needs. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away!

Also, thanks to the forum for the info to help me A) learn the info I needed to build the suspension that worked best for My needs and wants B) to teach me the info to make the install super easy and C) giving the confidence to tackle the rear axle seal leaking (and to teach me to not be a dumb dumb and pay a shop to replace one axle seal and bearing... When you could buy two brand new shafts, already assembled, and taught me how to install them myself, for basically the same cost)

Wanted to give some real world measurements and pics for people who are interested in the evo leveling kit.

Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Jku sport
Suspension: Evo leveling kit (#59 factory rear springs), synergy fixed lower control arms (.5" longer than stock and angled in for more tire clearance), fox remote res shox (4 to 6" lift in front and 1.5 to 3" lift in rear), 2" metalcloak adjustable bumpstops front and rear
Steering: Steer Smarts yeti drag link (factory bottom mount design) and Tie Rod
Wheels: 17x9 Level 8 Bully pro 4.5 back spacing
Tires: 35x12.5 bfg ko2

Mods that effect weight that should be considered

Bumpers: Crawler conceptz skinny front and rear
Winch: Warn m8000 with steel cable
Soft top: Trek top nx
Spare Tire Delete

Front coil spring perch to tower measuring a gain of 2 1/8th inches over stock

Rear .75 spacer was installed, so as you can guess, it raised it 3/4 of an inch (note: rear of vehicle has been slightly "lifted" due to the removal of hard top and spare tire)

Ride Impressions: as the name says... The coils ride very plush. Since ride and handling is all subjective and relative, no point in getting into much detail here and cause everyone to fight... But I personally think my jeep has great street manners. With the lower control arms, the steering is very stable with no drifting or wondering. I run the tires at 28 psi and set toe based on the write up on here. I have not flexed the jeep yet but will update when I can get it into some dirt.

View attachment 223575View attachment 223576View attachment 223577View attachment 223578View attachment 223579

Note: yes, my jeep is my daily driver and sees mostly street mileage, hence the leveling kit instead of coil overs, and all terrains instead of coil overs, etc etc. Yes, I would love to have my jeep more insanely modded, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to have the opportunity to drive a jeep everyday, so it is set up according to my needs. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away!

Also, thanks to the forum for the info to help me A) learn the info I needed to build the suspension that worked best for My needs and wants B) to teach me the info to make the install super easy and C) giving the confidence to tackle the rear axle seal leaking (and to teach me to not be a dumb dumb and pay a shop to replace one axle seal and bearing... When you could buy two brand new shafts, already assembled, and taught me how to install them myself, for basically the same cost)

Question... Why such a large shock up front? Wondering your reasoning behind this.

Was running a 3.5 lift before dropping down to the evo leveling kit. After it goes off road again, front shocks might be swapped for shorter and I'll adjust the bumps accordingly (which is why I went with the adjustable stops, I figured a shock and bump adjustment might be coming)

Also, it seems like a super long shock but I'm only running 2 inch bumps and no over compression. Yes, I understand I could lose even more bump stop and switch to a shorter shock, bit that will all be worked out after a couple of flexes

Top Bottom