2012 Engine Noise

cevery

Getting a bit worried. I have a 2012 JK and just about 7K miles on it and starting to hear noises. =(

I have this whistle that I can hear in the cab thats significant enough that passengers ask about when riding in the Jeep. I want to attach an mp3 recording.. not sure if the site will allow.
I am not sure what it is but it seems to happen when at idle in neutral (Manual) at a stop light.

In edition to searching around the forums, I starting coming across the engine tick and watched some youtube vids. I have the exact noise on my driver side of the engine. Which is worse since all I have read leads to a header replacement.

I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer for next tuesday when I drive home from San Diego back to PHX. (I am out here for work). So I still need to drive a few hundred miles and somewhat worried. I have no check engine light. No signs of performance issues. Thoughts Friends..

You'll be just fine driving your Jeep until you can get it looked it. The tick is probably a head issue as it was common on early 2012's. A whistle is common on a lot of aftermarket CAI's but, if you still have a factory airbox, it could be just a loose connection on it or the intake tube.

Top Bottom