2.5" with 33's

Dannyboy76

So is there anybody out there running 2.5” lift with 33’s anymore? I am on the about to install 2.5” lift. But if I were to go to 35’s. I would have to do a re-gear. I am just thinking on waiting on that for now. I don’t take my Jeep on any serious trails. I am thinking on saving money and instead of do a re-gear buying lights or other things. Just looking for input. I know this subject of been brought up before just haven’t found the old post.

Thought about a leveling kit? You can still run 33's on stock suspension. That would save you some money.

33's look fine with that size lift and the stock flares. If u cut them, you'll wish u had just gone 35's. I drove my 3.8 auto for a bit on 35's with stock rubi 4.10 gearing. It was sluggish, but worked

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkmadness runs a 2.5" lift with 33's and it looks good with the stock fenders.

i have the same lift and run 35's and trimed fenders. also still running stock 3.73 gears with the already slow 3.8 motor. it is totally managable but will want you leaning towards a regear in the future. im planning on regearing mine in the next 6 months. already did 4 with the current set up so im use to it.

What I am thinking is this. Go with 2.5” and 33’s for now. Get some other things done I would like to do. I have a list on my Frig of the things I want to do to my Jeep. Then 1-2 years. Go up to 35’s and a rear gear. Because, not only is it the 35’s. But I don’t think a size 35 tire is going to fit on a stock JKU bumper. So I would have to add that cost in as well. Unless I am wrong with thinking that

What I am thinking is this. Go with 2.5” and 33’s for now. Get some other things done I would like to do. I have a list on my Frig of the things I want to do to my Jeep. Then 1-2 years. Go up to 35’s and a rear gear. Because, not only is it the 35’s. But I don’t think a size 35 tire is going to fit on a stock JKU bumper. So I would have to add that cost in as well. Unless I am wrong with thinking that

You just need the carrier spacer. Or take you rear bumper off.

Here's a couple of pictures of mine with 33's and 2.5" of lift.

uvugytyg.jpg

zu5u4aqy.jpg

This is exactly 2.5" in the front and 2" in the rear. If you go with a coil lift you will probably sit higher than the advertised height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the aev 2.5 lift with 33 toyos. I like it but I wish I went with 35s naturally.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382721411.202096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran 33s with 2.25in. front and 2in. rear spacers for 3 years. But I also had a body lift.
I now have 35s on order!

Attachments

• 1382722849790.jpg
    1382722849790.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I love my 2 dr with the rubicon express 2.5 & 33x12.50 Mickey's, 35's wud be nice to do harder trails but if you do easier trails the 33's work great & keep it easier to drive & u turn & park + a lil better on gas & wear & tear 33's on 2.5 look way better than stock & save cash for bumpers & stuff for poor people like me :D

If you're doing a lift, I'd go straight to 35's. I did with mine, and I'm running factory 3.21's. I used a Superchips Flashcal to reprogram the shift points and the odometer, and the Jeep seems much more responsive at acceleration then it did with the factory 18" Sahara rims and Bridgestone tires. Just make sure you measure the actual height of the tire and not what the sidewall says. My 35's measured 33.5"...Now I do live in Florida and it's pretty flat, but I'd go for the 35's, you'll regret it if you don't:yup:

Just for reference, here a TF leveling kit with 33s. No rubbing at all. It is my DD, but eventually I will be going bigger (35s, maybe 37s).
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

So is there anybody out there running 2.5” lift with 33’s anymore? I am on the about to install 2.5” lift. But if I were to go to 35’s. I would have to do a re-gear. I am just thinking on waiting on that for now. I don’t take my Jeep on any serious trails. I am thinking on saving money and instead of do a re-gear buying lights or other things. Just looking for input. I know this subject of been brought up before just haven’t found the old post.

I'm currently running a 2.5" lift with 35 inch tires on my 2012 2 door. I don't have any issues whatsoever with the stock 3.73s. Yeah some people like to re-gear for performance and fuel economy but if your trying to save money then I would suggest not to mess with it. And running 35s with a 2.5" lift won't give you any problems.

You didn't mention what year your jeep is (or I missed it). If you have the 3.6 then I wouldn't even worry about regearing right away. If you have not bought the 33"s yet, my recommendation would be to skip the 33"s and buy the 35"s. If you wheel alot then your money is best spent on suspension and wait on lights and other accessories. Go for your performance mods first.
But the best advice of all - begin with the end in mind. Set a goal of where you want your jeep to be then buy parts to get you there. Don't settle for lesser parts "for now". Buy the best as you can and don't waste your $$ on lesser than your end goal. :twocents:

I run a 2.5" lift and 35's with stock flares 3.73's and a 3.8 engine and it performs just fine for me. I got the synergy spare tire spacer and it works just fine.

I originally planned on going with 33's and I'll be the first to say that I would have been mad if I had.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383865847.645889.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383865872.296800.jpg

It also flexes pleanty and does 't rub....well if it does, it's slight enough that I don't notice it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383865891.031460.jpg

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom