13 Jk Sport upgrade to Dana 44 front axle

Does it make since to up grade to a Dana 44 axle and keep my sport transfer case? Hardest trail I would take would be the Rubicon maybe once every other year. Really don't want to put in a used rubicon transfer case and new ones don't seem to be available.

Does it make since to up grade to a Dana 44 axle and keep my sport transfer case? Hardest trail I would take would be the Rubicon maybe once every other year. Really don't want to put in a used rubicon transfer case and new ones don't seem to be available.

Not if you're planning to stick with 33" tires. Also, I would run a used Rubicon transfer case any day over a new Dana 44 front axle.

Lots of people run a 44 with a standard transfer case. I also wouldn’t be afraid of getting a used Rubi transfer case if you can find out about its previous life.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Once you run a trail like the Rubicon with a low gear setup, you’ll understand the reason behind it.

I wouldnt have a problem with the used case. I have been in the situation of doing a pull out 44 for a while but ultimately decided it would be a waste of money with what i would like to do. The only way i would do the pull out dana 44 would be if i got a great deal on it and it was already geared the way i wanted. Otherwise i would just do a Prorock.

If you're going to do the axle just go straight for an aftermarket housing. The asking price of rubi 44s is definitely not worth it. Sub $1000 sure. The only value is in the locker anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It makes sense to me since I run a Front D44 with a sport t-case. Though if used Rubi transfer cases went for a good bit less than $1500, I’d swap that also in a heartbeat.

FYI, I bought my D44 for $1600 and sold my D30 for $600 netting a cost of $1000 to give you ballpark numbers.

It makes sense to me since I run a Front D44 with a sport t-case. Though if used Rubi transfer cases went for a good bit less than $1500, I’d swap that also in a heartbeat.

FYI, I bought my D44 for $1600 and sold my D30 for $600 netting a cost of $1000 to give you ballpark numbers.

Seriously? I couldn't give mine away. Literally, I threw it in a dumpster after two months of "free" ads.

I run a PR44 with a sport T-case, can't complain, then again my previous mall crawling scene was more mud than anything else...

Top Bottom