07 wrangler 4 door

OlderMan53

I have recieved quite a bit of money in a settlement recently and was considering a new engine and trans for the jeep. I would like a little bit more horsepower and better than a 4 speed stock transmission. I can do all the pull and install myself.
I was wondering what kind of options there might be out there.
Looking to stay under 10k-12k

So long as you don't need the factory instrument cluster to work, you can install just about anything you want like a 5.7 HEMI or a 6.2L LS. You'd just need to find a used motor and trans from a wrecked vehicle and install your own gauges or at least, for the amount of money you're needing to work with.

One youtube video i watched talked about re-tuning the PCM or rather needing a new PCM tuned for the bigger engine. Also motor mount might need relocating for a different size engine. I am not looking to get into all of that.

Like I said, so long as you're okay with running aftermarket gauges, you can install just about anything you want. If you want to keep them, you need to do a whole lot more and you'd also be looking at about $20k+.

Anything can be done, it’s just a matter of how much $$ you spend or how much work you’re willing to do yourself. Unfortunately the days of easily going from a 304 to 360 to 401 with Jeeps are long gone.

Eddie has been down this road before so he has some sage advice.

Top Bottom